Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews
$309
$259
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsfront deskthe breakfast arearoom was cleanking suitea great stayrestaurants and shoppingcontinental breakfastnight's sleepgreat customer servicehot tubyogurtvery nice hoteldefinitely stay here againparking lotnikkiirma
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2012

The entire staff on all shifts-I talk and walk alot- are always available for any assistance that might arise...at any hour of the day.

Room Tip: Stay close to the stairs--just in case of an emergency---Don't use the Elevators! Anyway, a few extra steps from the elevator to the stairs can't hurt!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you were greeted and helped at any time of the day and I will certainly relay this to our entire staff. We hope to see you soon and thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stopped here going to and from northern VA during Christmas holiday. Stayed in King Suite rooms 214 and 323, respectively. Desk staff is professional and attentive to needs. Both rooms were well designed, well appointed, and very clean. The ONLY problem I encountered was a lack of hot water (Rm 214) the morning we were departing. Didn't bring to hotel attention because there was nothing they could do in time for our departure. Figure it was a fluke either with that particular morning or room, because we didn't have problem our return trip (Rm 323). It wasn't due to overuse of water, as it appeared there was less than 40% occupancy either night.

Except when business trip dictates, I rarely stay anywhere but Marriott hotels. This is among the absolute best I've encountered among my travels. It is a new build and hopefully management can keep it's cleanliness and attractiveness at this level for a long, long time.

Room Tip: Room 214 view is blocked by hotel sign wall. I'm 99% it's 214, if not it is 212.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our property. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future! I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire staff. We have every intention on maintaining our cleanliness standards and ''new'' factor moving forward and appreciate your loyalty. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 1, 2012

After a very uncomfortable day attempting to connect through Houston on our trip to Charlotte with delays (4x) then a coup de grace cancellation, we landed and HAD to extend our time away from home with a night. I threw the dice and picked Fairfield Inn in Mathews as it was on the route home to Myrtle Beach. Seven! The employees all were extremely kind and quite helpful making our brief stay feel like a bright light at the end of a long tunnel. We WILL be staying here again on any shopping forays to Charlotte or trips by air. Thanks ladies and gentleman of Fairfield!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2012

On behalf of our staff here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, we would like to thank you for your kind works regarding our hotel. We strive to ensure that our guest experience is always a memorable one and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to see you here again so please don't hesitate to call if you ever need anything in the future. Hope you are enjoying Myrtle Beach! Thanks again for your response.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Visiting family & friends in area. New property (about 1 yr old) with the usual Marriott amenities. I have never slept in a more comfortable bed away from home. I was wondering why rating was not in top 15, and I think I figured it out. Breakfast was very simple and pedestrian, not much variety. Also if you sleep in late and skip the first housekeeping call, and leave about noon, you may not get your room serviced. One day I was successful, and another day I was offered towels at the desk. upon my return in the early evening. I requested housekeeping from the desk on both occasions after my midday departure.. I like the Marriott brand but on my next visit may go to the Courtyard about 2 miles away and pay for my own breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I spent one evening here and was very happy with everything. My room was very clean, the complimentary wifi worked great, and the included breakfast was good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business