“Relaxing mani”

The Spa at Ballantyne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Spa treatments are designed to nurture the mind and body through the use of ritualistic methods and healthy products in a calming environment. The Spa at Ballantyne provides a sensory experience to soothe the senses and enhance wellness. Choose from a selection of spa services including massage, facial, body treatments, manicures, pedicures and hair salon services. Explore indigenous treatments like the Carolina Lavender Spa Collection, day spa packages, overnight spa packages and fitness experiences. Enjoy spa dining, pools, steamroom, saunas, whirlpools and lounges to complete your spa destination experience.
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I'm only commenting on the salon because that is all I went to during my stay at the hotel. I was lucky to get a last minute reservation to get a manicure since it was Mother's Day weekend and they were apparently booked the entire time.

I got an essential manicure with Marilyn and she was awesome. She was friendly without being overly so, and we had a nice conversation while she dealt with my train wreck nails.

The salon offers complimentary mimosa's which in hindsight I wish I had indulged in one, but I passed.

Things to note:

This is not a cheap place. You are paying more for the ambiance than probably the quality. It wasn't bad, but you can get a cheaper everything if you go somewhere else. That being said, I was staying at the hotel and enjoyed the convenience and was willing to pay more for it.

They automatically add in a 20% tip. They do make you aware of this, but not until after your service. I am sure it is posted somewhere, but I didn't know until it was point out when I went to pay.

I am looking forward to trying some of the spa services next time I stay at the hotel. I was jealous of everyone walking around in bath robes looking so relaxed.

1  Thank MsDeebs
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear MsDeebs,

Thank you for visiting our Salon at The Spa at Ballantyne and for sharing your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your manicure with Marilyn, and we hope you have the chance to make the most of more of our amenities on a return visit. Our spa. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Spa at Ballantyne

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I recently came to the Ballantyne Spa to treat myself to some services with some friends. This is a review based off my experience, not theirs. When we went to check in, there was no one at the front desk! The place was empty, and not a soul in sight. we waited for about 5 minutes, and someone finally showed up. Not only were we irritated at this point, but this person (Who works in the salon, Heather?) had a mouth full of food, and began to ask me what I "wanted" and began to try and find someone to help me. Since I have been here before, I knew the drill. We went downstairs to find the attendants playing on their cell phone, and one of them saying how much of a "B****" their boss was, and the spa director!!! I was absolutley disgusted at this point, but I wasn't going to let this ruin my day. The got our sandal size (Which, by the way, are so uncomfortable, and look like they are from the dollar store) and a robe that looked like mice go ahold of it, and walked me to the locker room. On the way to the locker room, we passed the spa directors office (I think?) and she was on her phone saying how lazy some of her staff was, and that this place was a joke! REALLY!??!!!???!! Here is a tip: if you're going to trash your staff and place of employment, either quit or shut the door!!!! Once we got into the lounge, we were was greeted by the sweetest woman, and she really made us feel relaxed, and valued. As I waited for my therapist, I grabbed a cup of coffee (Which was burnt) and noticed the trash had not been taken out for maybe a day or so, and also creamers spilled all over the counter. I took it upon myself to clean it up, and not say anything to the spa attendant. My therapist arrived (10 min late) and said "So sorry! I forgot I had an appointment booked!" My jaw dropped to the floor and I started to think if I should just leave, or pray this massage turns out good. I decided to stay. We got into the room, and it smelled like a locker room. The sheets had oil stains all over them, and not only did the face cradle have hair all over it, but MAKEUP STAINS as well! I asked her to change the sheets and cradle cover, and her response was, "Well if our Spa Director would do her job, we could afford more linens!" I had enough of this, and decided this wasn't going to be worth it. I told her that I wanted to cancel my appointment, and not be charged. She asked me if I wanted to speak to her manager, and I said No! As I walked back to the locker room, I passed that same office (director) and looked at her as I walked by. The therapist was in there, and I got the dirtiest look from BOTH of them! I got dressed and left. I don't know what is wrong with the Staff at the Spa, but obviously there is something seriously wrong with the director. I will never return, and I hope this review is taken seriously, and not just a "slap" on the hand to the managers. Word of mouth is the best advertising, and I will not return if this so-called manager is still employed with the company, and I will make sure to pass this along to everyone I know.

4  Thank Carrie K
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Carrie K,
Thank you for visiting The Spa at Ballantyne and for sharing your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your experience and are incredibly disappointed with the situation. We take all feedback very seriously and have shared your comments with our executive management team. We are working internally to improve our operations and hope you will reconsider returning to The Spa. We sent you a message to invite you back for a treatment and hope we will have the opportunity to make it up to you. Again, we are truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. Thank you for your comments, which will help us in our continuous efforts to elevate the guest experience.

Hotel Management

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We live in Charlotte now, but this feels like a getaway! The hotel is lovely..the dining is great...and the Spa is awesome. We spent an anniversary here and felt like we really got away. Going again in 2 weeks for a work event and can't wait!

TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Lorie M,

Thank you for celebrating your special occasion with us at The Spa at Balalntyne and for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our spa, as well as our hotel and dining. At The Spa at Ballantyne, we strive to provide a true escape for our guests, and we are glad you had such a wonderful experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I drove 2 hours to the Spa at Ballantyne for a day of relaxation during our honeymoon. We were welcomed at check-in and assisted on a tour of the locker rooms. We arrived a few hours early to enjoy the spa prior to our treatments. We changed into our robes and sandals and met outside the locker rooms. At that point we were both uninformed where any of the indoor pools, outdoor pool and fitness center were located. We stood there for a few moments hoping to find someone for assistance and within 5min my female spa attendant was in site and we asked for directions. After we relaxed in the pool for awhile I asked my husband if he was told where to wait for our massages and the both of us again were not informed. Here we are AGAIN trying to find someone for more information. My massage therapist Bucky was wonderful and I was very satisfied with my massage I received from him. Also my husband really enjoyed his female technician for his massage. Afterwards I had scheduled a luxury manicure. My nail tech happily greeted me and in the elevator she told me she had my down for a luxury pedicure which I had to correct her. So i selected my color while she re-set up for my treatment. I sat down and had a wonderful view of trash from a previous guest that must of had lunch on the outdoor deck. My nail tech's technique was awesome and my nails looked flawless by the end of the service. I did feel she could of been more professional as far as explaining more of the treatment and some of her conversation was too personal for me. I wasn't there for conversation, I just wanted my nails done. My polish lasted 5 days before my first chip.

1  Thank Kayla H
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Kayla H,

Thank you for visiting The Spa at Ballantyne during your honeymoon and for sharing your feedback. We are glad that you and your husband had enjoyable treatments and that you were able to enjoy the spa’s facilities. We apologize for any inconveniences experienced and wish we had provided better information about our facilities and amenities. Great service is our top priority, and we have shared your comments with our team. We really appreciate your feedback, as it will help us improve the guest experience. Thanks for celebrating such a special occasion with us, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

First class SPA! Ulga did my facial. She did an excellent job. She was very knowledgable of African American skin. I will be back.

TheBallantyne, Public Relations Manager at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Veryparticular,
Thank you for visiting The Spa at Ballantyne and for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding your spa experience and are delighted you enjoyed Ulga's service. Thank you for recommending our spa, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.