“Above expectations”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pecan Ave
Transit: Bus Number 9, 17, 39
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I dined here for our 11th wedding anniversary. We had avoided the restaurant due to the location initially but had heard so many good things we decided to go. The food was excellent. The swedish meatballs were amazing. The other tapas we shared were divine. Wine was 1/2 price on a Saturday night. Service was great. Ambiance was unexpectedly tasteful. We would definitely go back. Don't let the location fool you. We want to go back and try the brunch. The menu looked great.

1  Thank Americangirl73

Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a meal! Absolutely fabulous! I had the prix fixe dinner of four courses. The cauliflower soup is devine, smooth and creamy, not at all what you think it would be. The pear and goat cheese salad danced in my mouth, again a big surprise. I had the MahiMahi which was very well prepared with squash gratin. YUM! To finish off my meal, I ordered the flourless chocolate cake with passion fruit. Absolute heaven!! I cannot wait to return and encourage anyone in the area to stop by Bisto La Bon. The service was excellent. One of the best meals I have had in a long time and I just returned from Vegas and dined at the Wynn!!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

As another reviewer said, it doesn't appear very promising, in a strip mall next to a Dollar Store. But Bistro La Bon is a great place to eat. I went there several times in the five days I was in Charlotte and enjoyed my meal very much each time. They have a large number of small plate choices (which I love). I had stuffed calamari, creamy polenta and carmelized tenderloin, slow roased pork belly (great), sushi quality tuna with a tomato juice drizzle (sounds weird but was excellent), and arugula salad. I had one main course, a special that was one of the best fish dishes I have ever eaten. It was pan seared grouper with kale, squash, and pickled apples. Very different and wonderful. I was there with my son who had some dietary restrictions. They specially prepared a poached salmon and vegetable dish that was perfect. Staff was accomodating in every way.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our first trip to Bistro La Bon was for brunch. We were not impressed with the food. We went another time for dinner and was not impressed with the food or the restaurant. We recently went there again for my daughter's birthday. It had been a good while since we had been there the second time for dinner, and they had duck breast on the menu which is my daughters favorite meal. I can say for certainity we will never go back. I am done with Bistro La Bon. We had reservations and had to wait 30 minutes for a table. We were sat next to a drafty window and had to wait a good while for our drink order to be taken and another good wait for our drinks to come. It looked like they were short handed, because the bartender was serving tables. We finally ordered. Most of the appetizers were good, but my daughters house salad was overpowering with dill. The main courses were good but scant. I ordered scallops, and for a high price I had two scallops on my plate. My daughters duck breast entree looked more like an appetizer. Everyone got a scant amount of food for the price. The food is good but way overpriced. They do not even serve bread with the meal. Dont' go hungry. There are far better restaurants in Chalotte for this priced restaurant.

1  Thank charles n
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I had a very pleasant experince . The food was outstanding as well as excellant service. I had soup, steak, and bread pudding for desert. Every thing was prepared correctly. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone who values excellant food and excellant service.