“A NASCAR must see - Very interactive - Check it out if in CLT”

NASCAR Hall of Fame
Ranked #2 of 175 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: The NASCAR Hall of Fame is where legends live on. Where fun lives on. Where the race lives on. Enjoy amazing artifacts, interactive exhibits, simulator rides and special events at the High Octane Theater. Plus, you can grab a bite to eat in the NASCAR Hall of Fame Café or at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant. You also can take home a souvenir at the gift shop to help you remember it all.
New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 225 helpful votes
“A NASCAR must see - Very interactive - Check it out if in CLT”
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I have visited the new NASCAR Hall of Fame and if you are a NASCAR fan, this is obviously a must see. The Hall is very interactive with different kind of exhibits including simiulators, lots of restored old stock cars, old memorabilia, a large viewing theatre with different movies about NASCAR showing (Belk Theatre) and a large gift shop at the end. Even if you are not a race fan, the NASCAR HOF will definetely give you a different perspective about stock car racing and the history behind it. Also, sometimes like other hall of fames in professional sports, the NASCAR HOF is very bright with colors, exhibits, and is full of life if that makes sense. (More of a modern museum than anything else) I believe the cost of admission is $20 USD for an adult and I assume a lesser price for children. Also, the simulator rides are an additional fee but very cool as you are sitting in simulator stock cars (iracing). Its definetely worth a look!

Visited August 2010
1 Thank Joe Q

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to spend an afternoon, even for non-Nascar fans”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Let me start by saying that I'm a big car lover but have never been a fan of Nascar. I recently had the opportunity to spend an afternoon in the Hall Of Fame with my dad (also not a Nascar fan) and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The first thing they have you do is watch a 10 minute video about the history of the sport up until today. That video and all of the other numerous videos in the museum are all fantastic. You're then free to explore all of the various displays. One of the best is a large curved track with cars from the early days of Nascar up until today. We didn't do the driving simulator or any of the "hard card" activities like the pit crew challenge (some are pretty cheesy), but still had a great time just wandering around looking at the memorabilia and videos.

I highly recommend the Hall of Fame. Even though I'm not a fan, Nascar has a fascinating history and lots of colorful characters that were fun to learn about. We weren't expecting much but it ended up being a great way to spend a few hours.

Visited February 2011
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Surprisingly fun...”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Not a NASCAR fan in the least, but they have great interactive exhibits to play with. I would hate coming with large crowds though because the wait would get unbearable. We went on Sat. before Daytona so it was pretty empty and we still had to wait for the activities.

Sevierville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“50/50”
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We drove from Sevierville Tn to see it and I was not very impressed. If you are a new fan you will like it. I wanted to see more older stuff. Seeing Bill France SR. and JR in the Hall of Fame and people like DW and Cale still out left a bad taste in my mouth. I will not go back but it is worth 20 bucks if you are in town.

Visited January 2011
1 Thank DodgeByPetty
Tulsa, Oklahoma
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“NASCAR fan must see.”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We bought our tickets thru Charlotte motorspeedway and saved the ticket master charge. You do have to pick these tickets up at the track however. The hall of fame was very interesting. I have only been following NASCAR for about 7 years I learned a lot about the history. The hard card activities were ok but Waiting to use the activity was annoying. It was pretty crowded there but we were there during race weekend. gift shop is over priced. Our hotel had a free shuttle so parking was not an issue for us.