“Fun to visit”

NASCAR Hall of Fame
Ranked #3 of 177 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: The NASCAR Hall of Fame is where legends live on. Where fun lives on. Where the race lives on. Enjoy amazing artifacts, interactive exhibits, simulator rides and special events at the High Octane Theater. Plus, you can grab a bite to eat in the NASCAR Hall of Fame Café or at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant. You also can take home a souvenir at the gift shop to help you remember it all.
Newton, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fun to visit”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have not had the opportunity to attend a NASCAR event, but thought I'd check out the Hall of Fame as I was in town and have been to many other Halls of Fame. I know many people love NASCAR so I wanted to get a sense of the energy of the fans, and I think this museum does that. I could see the heroes, the highlights, the tragedies ... well presented in a concise way. Now my goal is to attend a real event and then visit the museum again.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank rawzins

USA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“It is good history and worth seeing for that. I'm not a Nascar fan but can appreciate the museum. Once is enough thoug”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This a good representation of this area. Worth a visit for tourists or people who are into NASCAR might want to go over and over.

1 Thank baware
Palm Beach, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“If you like racing, you'll love this place.”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I'm not a huge racing person, so some of the attraction was lost on me. However, I do think it's a great facility, it had a lot of cool memorabilia and trivia, and some fun things for kids like pit stop challenges and whatnot. It was interesting seeing some of the devices and vehicles and I enjoyed racing in the interactive car. A bit pricey, but again, I'm not a huge racing fan so I'm not their demo.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank cwood1227
Bristol, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a day”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We actually had the chance to spend the day at the musem while it was the Annual Hall of Fame induction weekend. There was so much going on and was very supriesed how easy it was to move around and see all things in musem on such a busy weekend GREAT Place for a NASCAR fan

Visited January 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“High Speed Interactive Fun!”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Even if you're not a NASCAR fan (I'm not), you'll enjoy this hands-on, interactive buffet! You start with the intro movie that give the evolution of the sport from it's moonshine runner beginnigs all the way up to the multi-million dollar sport it is today to wet your whistle. Walk past the acual cars of the big winners IN ORDER from the 1950's all the way up to today while, feeling the different surfaces of the various tracks and trying to stand on the elevating of the track! An electronic 'hard card' will track your progress on hands-on activities and games such as the "Pit Crew Challenge", where you can use pnumatic drills and whatnot to pretend to be part of the team; the racing simulator (that's extra), and a host of others. Even my brother in-law, who came in hell-bent on not having a good time, is looking forward to coming back and beating his times. The entire family, except for my 3 yr. old pink princess loving niece, had a great time!