“Nascar past and present”

NASCAR Hall of Fame
Ranked #3 of 180 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: The NASCAR Hall of Fame is where legends live on. Where fun lives on. Where the race lives on. Enjoy amazing artifacts, interactive exhibits, simulator rides and special events at the High Octane Theater. Plus, you can grab a bite to eat in the NASCAR Hall of Fame Café or at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant. You also can take home a souvenir at the gift shop to help you remember it all.
St. Stephen, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nascar past and present”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Lots of exhibits to look at. We watch American Pickers and seen the episode where they picked for the Nascar Hall of Fame and it was cool to see the actual stuff they picked. The interactive exhibits are fun and the driving experience was awesome, although I got blackflaged. I'll leave the driving to the experts.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank testewart

• Polish first
Reston, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“For the ones who love cars and racing...”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

It was a wonderful experience to visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame museum. This is the first time I have ever been to a museum that is just related to cars and that too racing cars. I'm a F1 fan and looking at all those racing cars and checking the information about who drove them, not to forget the history behind the NASCAR just astounded me. It is like walking through the various stages and important events that took place in NASCAR. The best thing I liked a lot was the "Glory road" with the display of all the gorgeous racing models starting from the first car that started this "Car racing legend". The museum is also full of interactive displays of how things work at a "pit stop", like how to fix a tire (that was so cool!) and what are the roles of the various people that work over in the racing arena, not just the ones who build and drive the car. The excellent information display can even make a not so curious onlooker intrigued. Now the next stop for me is to grab a NASCAR race ticket and be a part of the "LIVE" excitement of NASCAR racing.

Visited January 2012
Reston, Virginia
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Very good even for a NASCAR newbie like me”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I had absolutely no exposure or knowledge about car racing. So, I was really looking forward to the whole experience. We got excellent deal (50% off the regular price) from Groupon, so that was all the more reason to be happy about the visit. We started with a 15-20 minute introduction video at the Belk High Octane Theater. Its an excellent introduction especially for newbies. The Sunoco Glory Road is very cool with list of several race tracks (current/historic) all over US, along with the display of historic cars. You should check out the 33 degree banking at the end of the glory road.

My other favorites in the NHOF were Kobalt pit challenge and Transporter Simulator. There are several hands-on activities for kids and adults to enjoy. You can easily spend 2-3 hours in the museum. The gift shop is huge and pretty good.

My only gripe is that parking should be free with the admission ticket which is 20$ for adult admission. But since I got a groupon, I didn't mind it at all.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank joshmilind
Little Rock, Arkansas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Simulator rides are $5”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Museum was well done with the progressive track tilting exhibit at the front. The race simulator was a little disappointing since the practice area has different operations than the simulator. If anything goes wrong during your ride, you pay another $5 to try again. Don't commit to the museum entrance and ride package. We didn't think it was a bargain since they never tell the price of the ride without everything else they try to sell you.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank TravelSueLR
Chesnee, SC
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A must for any NASCAR fan.”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

My son was at the Convention Center for a tournament and I had hours to kill so I ventured right next door to the Hall of Fame. I purchased the admission ticket, the ride simulator and lunch package at a reasonable price. From the get go it was a great experience. The movie at the start of the walk through was awesome. The Hall of Fame room really hit me hard being a true Earnhardt fan. I learned a lot of things I never new about NASCAR. The history lesson and all the hands-on makes the tour worth while. Please take the chance and visit. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank newbalance31