“Best calimari!”

Dandelion Market
Ranked #30 of 2,386 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Dandelion Market provides Uptown Charlotte with a place for friends and family to gather and enjoy the best in food and drink, served with a smile. We are open 7 days a week from 11:00am to 2:00am, serving lunch, brunch and our signature small plates dinner menu, designed for sharing and exploring. We offer a full bar featuring 24 craft beers on draft and our 25 bottle wine list, each priced at $25.
“Best calimari!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Self-proclaimed calimari expert, I strongly recommend you try it. The aioli sauce it comes with is very nice but pair it with their marinara sauce! The poblano pepper is another favorite of mine. Mac & Cheese didn't do much for me.
This is a great spot for a relaxed evening with friends.

• Visited February 2014

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Love, Love, Love this place. Great food, drink and service. I highly recommend it. Dandelion Market was able to accommodate a large party from my office and we ordered the works. So yummy.

• Visited January 2014
“Bad night out.”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Took my parents who have been in the Restaurant business for over 20 years, because I had originally had such a great experence there. I was told I would have a 45 minute wait due to the size of our party. We were never seated even after ordering drinks and apps and waiting 2 hours. The manager was rude when I brought this this to his attention. I felt humiliated in front of my family. Please do not go there.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank raleigh434
Manchester, NH
“Great Tapas! Good portions.”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic! We were only in Charlotte for 24 hours and were so glad we chose to eat here! It was a sleepy Sunday night, but the bartender was super helpful with suggestions for beer and plates. After we ate, I wanted to kiss the chef. It was that good. The staff was excellent and very accommodating.

We started with the spinach, dried cranberry, pine nut and goat cheese salad, it was plenty for two, but because I'm a big fan of goat cheese, I would have liked more of it on top. Next we had the Shrimp & Grits...Whoa. Tasty buggers that pack some heat, but combined with the yummy cheesy grits cakes and roasted red pepper sauce, it was a great combo. We had to order two more grit cakes, they were that addictive.

Next came my personal favorite, the lamb lollipops with greens and cherry sauce. That is a "wanna slap yo momma" food! Stupendous dish! Next up was the Flat iron steak with mushrooms and onion straws! which was my dining companion's favorite of the night. It was tender, flavorful and rich.

I was super full, but we ordered the Car Bomb Cupcake. I wouldn't get it again. The frosting was grainy, the cake a little dry and it was a disappointment. It didn't evoke the classic car bomb flavors.

Parking is on the street where you can find it, free on weekends, or there is a garage nearby. I would definitely go back if I was in town.

Visited February 2014
“pass the salt”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We hadn't had small plates for awhile and decided to give the dinner menu at Dandelion Market a try. We ordered four things--the prosciutto and goat cheese crostini, the Southern caprese, the fried calamari, and the crab and avocado salad. The crostini was good but surprisingly inconsistent--there were large pieces of bread with just a taste of the toppings and smaller slices with mounds and mounds of prosciutto and massive shmears of goat cheese. My boyfriend claimed that the calamari was the best he'd had lately, and I thought it was pretty tasty too--the lemon aioli was magnificent. The caprese was a HUGE letdown, as the tomato slices were over-fried and terribly bitter and bland. The mozzarella was okay, but not good enough to redeem the dish. The crab and avocado salad was presented beautifully but was also bland and screamed for salt. Here's where I complain about the trend of restaurants not having salt and pepper on the tables--it's a hassle for me to have to ask and a hassle for the server to fetch them. I understand that chefs think their dishes are perfectly seasoned, but no two palates are the same and mine craves salt! I had higher hopes for dinner here, but it seems that each time I return to this restaurant, the less satisfied I leave.

• Visited February 2014