“Excellent Food! ”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 2,456 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at Morrison near Barnes & Noble. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Bar Bite specials Monday thru Friday 4PM - 6:30PM and Saturday & Sunday 11AM - 5PM in the FIREBAR(R) and on the Patio. Enjoy happy hour drink specials all day Wednesday. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant for dinner with a co-worker while in Charlotte. We both had the 14 oz Ribeye and loaded baked potato. The steak was cooked perfectly and the baked potato was terrific with butter, sour cream, bacon and green onions. My only complaint was that the steak's seasoning was a little salty, but, I do not add salt to anything. There's not much parking available. I will definitely return!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I can count with my fingers how many times a year I have steak. I prefer fish, and I normally end up with too much left-over steak... With that said, I had to try this place's steak per TA reviews.
First off, I came here solo. Normally, I feel uncomfortable, but the receptionist and wait staff did not make me feel uneasy. I had a great food (starter salad was to die for) while totally relaxed over a nice glass of wine.
My steak was of course too huge to finish all, but I had to admit the quality of meat and seasoning - wow. I live in a neighborhood similar to this area (South Park), and I felt so happy by the time I was leaving. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We tried Firebirds for a business dinner based on the reviews an were very satisfied with all aspects of the experience. We settled in the bar area to wait for the table and as we were small group decided to stay for dinner. The waiter was attentive and helpful, we started with the lobster dip for a starter to share. great chips and solid favor. The house salad wit the lime vinegar dressing was one of the best restaurant salads i've has in recent memory. the wood fired steaks were prepared perfectly, tender nd juicy with just a hint of saltiness which was pleasant. As noted the waiter was on top of things with water and drinks rom the bar which was amazing to see with nearly 1000 bottles on display. Price value was exceptional when compared to the national premium chains, the quality was there but a slightly more relaxed environment that was more genuine. excellent dining experience that will be remembered.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Hello All
My wife and I love to try all restaurants and we have always like Firebirds. I am part of a lot of business dinners that wind up at Firebirds. I am a avid fan of good food and do not mind paying extra for a top notch restaurant. I have never had a bad meal at Firebirds but on my last visit noticed just how very expensive the prices are now. I just do not feel the cost is in line with the type restaurant. A couple can go the the best steak house in Charlotte for the prices Firebirds charges. I repeat myself, I have never had an issue paying for a top notch restaurant. I'm sure I will eat here again as the food is great, but not sure I will return if I am paying.

Kind Regards,
Dale and Naomi

1  Thank Dale C
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Dinner with a friend, this location was suggested by hotel. Nice atomsphere,very busy as well. Dinner menu was easy to read, bit higher price than I expected. Dinner was really good so worth the money for sure. The wait for dinner was less than 10 mins.

1  Thank Jill B

Been to Firebirds Wood Fired Grill? Share your experiences!