“Even better than last year”

Red Roof Inn Charlotte UNCC
Ranked #113 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Even better than last year”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn last April while attending the 4 Wide Nationals at Zmax Dragway; it was a typically good Red Roof experience, so I stayed again this year for the race. This facility is being completely renovated, and the Superior King room that I had was recently renovated. As always, the room was clean, comfortable, and everything in it worked. I paid $40.49 per night which is an unbeatable value! One minor issue was an insufficient number of electrical outlets, so the microwave and coffee maker were not plugged in. If I had wanted to use one or both of them, I would have had to unplug the TV or the refrigerator or both. Since I didn't use the microwave or coffee maker; it didn't inconvenience me at all, but I mentioned it to management for resolution. I highly recommend this Red Roof Inn!

Room Tip: The Superior King rooms are larger, and have a microwave and refrigerator. They are well worth the s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Spent one night alone here during the week of April 7, 2013 for orientation with Schneider National. And while the company covered cost of lodging, I found the double room to be relatively clean, but somewhat smelly and dated. Upon room entry, the carpet smelled of urine (which may have in fact been mold) and although functional, the television and appliances were old compared to similar properties of same value and size. Room bedding was nice, but the mattresses lacked sufficient body/sleep support. The bathroom floor, vanity, tub/shower and toilet were remarkably decent, fresh and clean and best of all was the heating and air unit. I'm cold natured and was able to adjust the thermostat for quick comfort.

I would definitely stay here again. Front desk personel were cordial and friendly, the location's not so bad and Red Roof Inn Charlotte UNCC provides good Wi Fi.

Room Tip: Ask to view room prior to key card receipt.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Irving, Texas
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had reserved rooms at this hotel a month ago as we were traveling to Charlotte for the dog show. And I must say that our experience with this hotel was superb. We had requested a room at first floor as my wife just came out of a hip injury. They not only gave us room at first floor but they went out of their way every time to help me getting my wife in and out of hotel. The rooms are good and neat. It seems they have recently put new flat screen TVs. Over all a superb hotel with a superb staff

Room Tip: Ask for the king rooms they are excellent
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was pretty decent for the money. All rooms had inside corridors They had a big room. Nice and clean and a refrigerator, microwave and flat screen TV. There was even room for a small table and 2 office chairs. The carpeting could use replacing.The bathroom was rather small and it would be an issue for some especially the slow draining shower. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. BTW they also have your typical continental breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank recoveringfool
Toccoa
Reviewed March 31, 2013

well i found a subway sandwitch bag at head of bed,shower head was broken,went to gym not one thing worked not even the t v.,walk to cooked out restruant for food kept my hand in my pocket with knife in hand,not safe at all.food was great,i walked back so fast my food was stell hot.called for 3am wake up call,on 3am call,when leaving at 330am i saw why i didnt get my wake up call,the man at the frontdesk was asleep in a chair.one more thing i stell have a back ake from the bed,hey they did have flat screan tv

Room Tip: go south on 85 4or 5 miles things are much better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oak Island, NC
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Red Roof Inn website said the rooms had all new furnishings. Wrong!!! The only thing new was a flat screen TV. The website has since been changed. The room smelled bad, the carpet was dirty and sticky, lighting was dark, the refrig would not stay cold because the temperature knob had been broken off, I had to ask for towels, electric cords plugged in in the room went to the room next door through a hole in the wall (fire hazard), and to top it off, there was black mold on the shower head, faucet, and drain. I shortened my stay and went someplace else. I have been to many other Red Roof inns before and never had a problem, but this place will make me think twice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scoobynoll
Luray, Virginia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

But as they say, ya get what ya pay for! The worst part of it really was that the room was STINKY! And the inside of the hotel was super old. I was a little spooked parking and coming in the back door. And I found I couldn't exit by the back door... I had to walk thru the lobby, which took longer to get to my car and I was boggled down with luggage and a small dog, and finally a chip on my shoulder. I can only figue that there must be suspicion based on history, that guests might flee out that door without paying. I was also spooked enough to put a chair by the door when I was in the room and delight in little Rover's senses for a change (!). The bright news though, is that it was pretty quiet, I made it out alive and the place really was a bargain. The staff was nice too, and that is a major plus to me. So though the place was ugly as heck, looking back, the price was right, I still have my arms and legs, and I no longer smell like the person who was there before me. Don't know if I'd stay there again tho! I might want to start living life to the fullest and stay someplace better!

Room Tip: Inspect it before you pay for it. A good sniff test at minimum.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business