“Must have been an off night--poor service.”

Fran's Filling Station
Reserve with OpenTable
Fran's Filling Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #373 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I guess we picked the wrong night to dine here--Monday 11/22/2010. The service was beyond slow. The appetizers took over a half hour when the restaurant wasn't full. If we requested another drink, a very long delay. The same was true when we ran out of ketchup for an appetizer--it arrived well after the need passed. Two meatball plates were ordered and the meatballs had to many bread crumbs so the texture was poor. The crab cakes were good.

There are newer reviews for Fran's Filling Station

Reviewed October 3, 2010

We've just found Fran's Filling Station in the past month, located just a few blocks down Park Road from our home, and have been back for lunch three times now. I'm working my way down the sandwich menu - you can't go wrong with the "Thanksgiving dinner" sandwich or the pulled pork. Guests have had the "build your own" choices and they were excellent, too. Fran's has exceptionally delicious homemade bread - the owner used to run a bakery. We're looking forward to many more trips to Fran's!

Reviewed November 24, 2009

I go to Fran's Filling Station at least every other week. Sometimes I go alone and other times, I drag friends along. Either way, the service is always stellar and the food is excellent. Simple food done very well. It has a tight local following. It's a small space, maybe 10-12 tables plus seating at the bar.

The food is very affordable. I almost always accept my server's recommendation for the special. They haven't steered me wrong yet! Additionally, I'm addicted to the fried pickles and their crabcake and their mac and cheese. Their desserts are delicious as well.... I haven't had anything bad yet and I've been going since September...