“great food!”

Fran's Filling Station
Reserve with OpenTable
Fran's Filling Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #375 of 2,389 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Painted Post, New York
“great food!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This place is a little tricky to find especially since there is two side by side strip malls so even with my GPS I pulled in the wrong one. The sign is small and hard to read as you drive by so be watchful or you will miss it!!! Some of the reviews I had said service was bad or it was unclean. I experienced neither I will say it was pouring rain so it wasn't super crowded that night. My waitress was very friendly and helpful. The place was very clean as far as I could tell except the bathroom was kinda run down and needed some fixing!

We started with maple bacon wrapped tater tots. The bacon was perfectly cooked and crispy, and the maple glaze added sweetness to balance the salty. They were sooo good I will say a little pricey I think 10 bucks for 9?
I ordered the California style burger with havarti cheese and avocados (amazing combination). I have no idea what bread they used but it was a great burger I hope to go back and try more of the menu!

• Visited April 2014

“One of the best neighborhood restaurants around”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

A group of us normally eat lunch here once a week. We love the ambience, service, as well as the food. The daily specials are normally outstanding. Fran and her staff outdo themselves with coming up with unusual, yet delicious food. She continually "tweaks" her menu to improve it.

My wife and I also come to dinner frequently at Fran's. Again, we like the neighborhood atmosphere and delicious food. There is really nothing to not like at Fran's. We highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2014
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Needs Better Service”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I would really LOVE to go back again as the menu looked really good and I think we just caught them on a REALLY bad night. My family (wife and two teenage daughters) were in Charlotte to catch a very early plane the following morning. We called to make sure there was no wait and told we could get immediately seated. We showed up 15 minutes later and they seamed shocked that we did not have a reservation. Got a table in front of the kitchen and ordered and the food took FOREVER to arrive. The frustrating thing is that the waitress told us after waiting for 15 minutes that our dinner would be out in two minutes, and it took another 20 minutes.
I would like to go back again but they need to get the kitchen more organized.

• Visited December 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
“Yum”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Went for my bday after seeing in passing. Must admit not disappointed at all. My husband and I love trying different restaurants weekly for fun and we will be coming back for sure. Great burger (the kid ate only half but asked to have left overs the next night which never happens), loved the variety and uniqueness of appetizers! And then there was dessert- homemade whipped cream sums it all up! Will be going back to try more things than a burger!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Fran's is a Dilworth neighborhood (just south of downtown Charlotte) restaurant. It is chef/owner operated (Fran!). Nothing fancy, but excellent food and casual, friendly (not formal) service. It is a small space in a very small strip shopping center. Ambiance is o.k. This is not a fancy place you'd take business clients to impress them - unless you wanted to impress them with food. If you are local, you've probably heard of it. If not, give it a try. The other night my wife and I ate there with another couple. I had their special chicken disn, $20 with pasta, and my wife had the evening's seafood special, again $20. Typical wine prices - $8/glass for house, medium pours. Excellent.

• Visited December 2013