“I love the Aloft”

Ranked #42 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love the Aloft, It is a Very nice departure from standard Hotels
The rooms are comfortable, Great touches like the Gym! The rooms appeal to men, over women according to my wife, but I love them!
The lobby is set up to make people interact which is GREAT!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Hi robcoppock,

It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful time at Aloft! We are happy to hear you liked our comfortable rooms, atmosphere of the lobby and the gym. Thank you for taking the time to review your trip, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Traveled one night for business in Rock Hill and would definitely stay here again. Hotel felt very clean and fresh. I like the fun vibe at Aloft. Very reasonable price. Good night sleep, room was quiet and comfortable. Gym had everything I needed. Nice change of pace.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Hi EJG4,

Thank you for providing feedback about your trip. We’re glad to hear you liked the fun vibe and were able to have a good night sleep! We also are happy to hear you found everything you needed in our gym.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

It's an odd experience to stay here. Have to ever seen Austin Powers? Yeah. It's like a 1960's theme that's been modernized to some hip, green, retro-vahn gogh experience. The elevators have a majority of blue lights inside, making them dim. The ceilings in your bedroom are unfishished, multi-slab concrete that echo every last noise. Speaking of noise, the walls and door into your room are so thin, you can hear people whispering outside in the hall - so whatever you do inside can be heard as well. Another thing...there are NO DRESSERS or DRAWERS to put your clothes in. I guess they have to stay in your suitcase. The bathroom door is a sliding door with no lock. The inside of the shower is very slippery tile. The price is ok. That's about the only thing good.

1  Thank Computerbux
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Computerbux,

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne. We take your comments very seriously, and thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay and to provide feedback about how we can improve.

Aloft Hotels aim to offer guests a different travel experience; while many travelers enjoy our unique style, we do understand that people have different preferences. Next time you’re heading to Ballantyne, let us know and we’ll be happy to assist you with making a reservation at our sister property, The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, which offers a more traditional hotel experience and all the benefits of Starwood’s Preferred Guest program.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Have stopped here several times going back and forth to Atlanta. Really like the location and the beds. Hotel is very clean, great indoor pool for the family, and close to several good eateries as well. Will continue to stay here when the need arises. Like this location better than the Aloft downtown, as this has free parking and is easier to get in and out of.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hi OldTar_71,

Thank you for making Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne your choice when coming from Atlanta! We’re glad to hear you enjoyed our location and beds. Also, we’re glad to hear that you found our hotel clean, and that you have been able to take advantage of our indoor pool and free parking.

Thank you again for your several trips to our hotel – we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Ballantyne!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed in August. Hotel is located in a nice area close to shopping and restaurants. The overall theme of the hotel is sleek, modern, green, and hip. The lobby area has a circular check-in desk to the left and it is staffed by extremely pleasant employees. To the right is a pool table and a shelf of board games. in the middle is a seating area next to the Wxyz bar with multiple TVs on the walls. On Tuesday night, a guy was singing and playing guitar. There is also a seating area outside. Midweek, there appeared to be mostly business people with a wide range of ages. Hybrid owners get front row parking. I was in #107 and found the room above average. You must stick your key-card in a slot by the room door in order for the lights to work. Theory being when you leave the room, you can't leave any lights on. They do give you two keys which would enable someone to easily circumvent the process, but don't be that person. Full stand up shower is a great feature. Kohler sink with a trendy faucet. Room has hair dryer, safe, fridge, iron, power station for almost any device you need to power, etc. I found the bed firmer than most other hotels ( great for me) but I don't think it would be too firm for anyone unless you are coming from a waterbed. The alarm clock had an annoying tick-tock so that came unplugged. Room had two queen beds with duvet covers. Not a big fan of duvets but they were comfortable. Windows have shades that are tight to the windows which made it pretty dark at night. There is a chef in the morning that will cook your breakfast to order. I had a ham, pepper, tomato, and cheese omelette for $14. It was very good, and yes pricey. You are paying for convenience. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Hi Lee S,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay, and for sharing your detailed feedback about your experience.

We are happy to know that you found our hotel to be sleek, modern, green and hip. Also, it is great to hear that our friendly staff, room amenities, and made to order breakfast helped you enjoy your visit.

Once again, thank you for your stay and we hope for the opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Aloft after a concern instead of driving home. It was our first experience with this hotel chain. The location in Ballantyne is in a corporate park which is great for a week-end stay since they are usually empty. The look is very modern from the sliding door separating the sink and bathroom to the floating desks.

The hotel makes very good use of space and has a strong focus on their footprint, including a key card based slot that powers the lights in the room. The rooms are clean and well kept and also make very good use of space for storage and room use.

If you are open to a different look and feel, this is a modern and unique hotel chain. I find myself married to the staid Marriott mentality so I am not sure I am progressive enough but I don't want that to sway you. I did not let my preferences sway the review because I thought the hotel was excellent and the staff was very courteous and helpful. The general manager even personally followed up from my hotel stay survey. We also got a good AAA rate.

The hotel is really a mindset. Initially I thought it would be good for younger folks but really it's for those who are open to new experiences or feel the approach to which the organizations they do business is important. Go on-line and take a virtual tour if the modern look and feel catches your fancy, I would strongly recommend this hotel and location.

Room Tip: Queen room at the end of the hall. It was very quiet and peaceful.

Hi Bigjames357,

Thank you for choosing Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne for you and your wife’s stay. We’re glad to hear you both found our hotel and rooms clean, unique and modern.

Thank you again for choosing Aloft, and for taking the time to share your feedback – we hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was my first stay at an Aloft and I am so glad the Ballantyne area was my first experience. I work in the hospitality industry and this is one of the best places I have stayed. The room was great and it was very clean. It was so nice to sit at the bar and have a few drinks and Chelsea really took care of us! The front desk staff was great and the shuttle service was a great perk! Aloft is located near several restaurants and the staff was able to give us great recommendations. This was such a great place to stay and I can't wait to plan my next trip!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Hi Jayme24,

So happy to hear you enjoyed your first Aloft Hotels experience! We're glad you found our hotel clean and comfortable, and staff friendly. We'll be sure to congratulate Chelsie in particular for a job well done.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town!