Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Omni Charlotte Hotel(Charlotte)
$229
$179
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$96
$250
$227
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewswxyz barindoor poolbathroom areagrab and gotoilet and showeralarm clockbusiness travelup to dateballantynelobbydressersoapfloridahousekeeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was a very unique experience for us. The hotel was unlike any other in which we have stayed - very modern, very up-to-date, but most of all EXCELLENT employees. They cared about their guests. This hotel is seemed to be more for couples that do not have small children. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms provide a great view.
1  Thank Janice G
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Hi Janice G!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I really appreciate your comments about the talent that work here; they work hard and appreciate being recognised by our guests.
Hope to see you on an another trip down south soon!

Alastair jones

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Our family spent 3 nights at this aloft and found this hotel to have everything we needed! Very clean, modern,and a staff that was extremely accommodating in everyday. We would recommend it for family or business trips. Location is terrific. Great restaurants nearby and easy access to everything in Charlotte.

Hi there Karen D

Just wanted to thank you for your very positive review of our Aloft and talent!
We hope that you come back and visit again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We booked our stay here online and were simply passing through from Florida to go to my brother's wedding in Ohio. This was the only pet friendly hotel in the area that I saw so that was the deciding factor. I thought, "I can tolerate any place just one night."

Well, my husband was a little miffed thinking we were going to be going way off the interstate to find this place. We didn't. He thought it was going to be in a rough part of town. It wasn't. We both thought it would be sub par being pet friendly and had no idea what condition the place would actually be in.

WHAT A SURPRISE! When we pulled up to the check in drive, I was SURE the internet information was wrong. There was NO WAY this place took pets! It was sparkly clean inside and out and gave you a nice upscale feeling upon entry. There were people checking in ahead of us so the few minutes I waited in line I worried we'd have to find another place this late in the day.

Upon my turn, I approached the staff and said, "I think there's been some kind of mix up. The internet said you were pet friendly." Both the lady and the gentleman chirped at the same time, "we are!" I was very surprised and relieved! The staff not only assured us our dog was welcome, but also gave us a very nice, large room with a FREE doggy goody bag containing treats and tennis balls for her enjoyment. They also brought us a doggy bed and doggy dishes with mat for our convenience!

Every time I passed through the lobby they addressed me by name and had only heard it upon check in. They were so very friendly, helpful and cheerful I cannot remember staying at a more hospitable hotel.

The room was modern, eclectic and very earth conscious. There were recycle bins in the room as well as a light control that only operates when your room key is in the slot. When removed, you have a few minutes before the lights automatically shut off. The beds were comfortable and the entire, albeit brief, stay was such a delight that I will absolutely stay here the next time I'm on a road trip through Charlotte!

Whoever is at the top of this location is doing everything right and it shows all the way down the chain of command. Great place and I'd recommend this to EVERYONE!

Room Tip: Did not use room service or the spa so I did not rate them.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Well hello there Susan!

Firstly thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it!
I am so happy that you, your husband and you furry family memeber had a memorable stay and that we managed to exceed your expectations, with our service, our sustainable practices and funkiness! Thank you for the recommendation, we would love to have you back another time when you are in the area so you can stay a little longer and enjoy all that the Ballantyne area and Charlotte has to offer!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family and I just stayed for three nights at the hotel. The staff was exceleent. From the front desk to the maids, everyone was excellent to deal with. We booked two rooms for my wife and five year old and they were able to accomadate every request we had on a short notice. I would recommend this hotel to everyone in fact we are planning our next trip to include the Aloft brand. We usually stay in higher end hotels so with the Aloft hotels you get high end care with very good prices. Thanks for a great trip Aloft!

Room Tip: Great indoor pool-do not forget your swim trunks. Great bar scene. Great gym to work out.

Hi TravelGuy401!

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We really appreicate your kind words about our hospitality and that we were able to match up to the higher end properties you normally frequent. We hope to see you again on another trip. Until then live life Aloft!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very nice hotel in a good area, good value for what you get. Small but nice pool.
For each day you decline maid service (in an effort to be green), you get a $5 credit for food downstairs, which is a great idea. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Hi BaCaTion8

Thanks for your great review. We are glad that you like the option for declining maid service for a $5 food and beverage credit or 250 SPG points. We are really making s strong push to run as sustainable a hotel as possible.
We look forward to hosting you on your next trip through Charlotte