“Great eats at the Ritz”

BLT Steak Charlotte
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Steak Charlotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 2,438 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: First Ward
Cross street: East Trade
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We spent the night at the Ritz and tried out BLT, the restaurant attached to the hotel. We weren't super hungry so we didn't go hog wild --- no appetizers, wine, or dessert --- just a meal.

The service was excellent - fast and attentive to our needs. The popovers they brought out (bread for the table before the meal) were different in a good way. We both enjoyed them.

I enjoyed my hamburger (a little too 'rare' for 'medium rare' in my book) and the fries were awesome, whatever they did special to prepare them.

My wife loved her filet, which they sear to make it almost crusty on the ourside. We had heard rave reviews about the jalapeno mashed potatoes, and we agreed --- very good.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Reviews of this Ritz are less glowing than Ritz's in comparable cities. Charlotte NEEDS more upscale hotels and this is a nice Ritz overall. Great location downtown and near arena for events. Lobby is classic with some modern updates. Restaurant has nice casual bar area and a fairly casual dining room. Menu was very good--steaks, seafood and other variety. Bartender was fast and friendly. The food was very good, service was friendly and setting was very comfortable. Good for business or couples. Nothing was "wow" impressive, but our entrees were well prepared. The entree was a bit slow, however, as we asked them to hurry a bit and did not. Our caesar salad was tasty, but heavy on anchovy flavor dressing (usually the ask before dousing in anchovies.) For steak, I find Fleming's in Charlotte to be superior and for a clubby, lively ambiance, I find The Capital Grill a better choice. But, the Ritz is nice... solidly four stars, but I expect a bit more from a Ritz.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Enjoyed a great dinner with work colleagues last Thursday night. The service was great, the steak was perfect and the dinner bread was the best I've ever had. This place came highly recommended from one of my colleagues and I'm glad we tried it out!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had a filet, and my fiance had a NY strip. The strip was cooked nicely but the filet was well-done when I ordered it med-well. It was too pricey overall. I would recommend going to another steak house.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The fact that this restaurant is located in a Ritz-Carlton Hotel tells you at least two things right off the bat: 1. It is going to be expensive, and 2. It is going to be "first-class" all the way.
If you are eclebrating a special occasion in the Charlotte, NC area, the BLT ("Bistro Laurent Tourondel") Steak is a great place at which to do just that. The ambiance is sophisticated, yet very comfortable. The seating is not "elbow-to-elbow". The menu offers a nice selection of food beyond just steak. The wait staff (all of the members of the wait staff - not just the server) are knoweldgeable and attentive (without being obsequiois). The food is beautifully presented and well-prepared. Each course was brought out at a leisurely pace (which is just what we asked for), and the food was served hot (or cold - as appropriate). Be forewarned - it is expensive; but if you are celebrating a special occasion, it is money well-spent.

Been to BLT Steak Charlotte? Share your experiences!