“Terrific Thai & Great Atmosphere”

Basil Thai Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 2,354 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Fourth Ward
Description: Refined Thai Cuisine and an invigorating dining experience in the heart of downtown Charlotte, NC. Basil's infectious atmosphere centers around a prominent glass kitchen as the sound of heat to metal, blade to board and liquid to flame resonate throughout the restaurant. Dine with us and celebrate quality cuisine made with the finest, freshest ingredients.Private rooms and catering available!!
Chapel Hill, NC
“Terrific Thai & Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

My colleague and I had dinner at the bar tonight and were waited on by Kate, the bartender. She was a terrific bartender and very good at her job. She recommended two terrific dishes, Pad Thai & Crispy Red Curry Duck, both “Thai Hot”, which was terrific. I would highly recommend this restaurant for business dinners and a terrific place for a date with your spouse or special someone.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank PurdueGuy

Washington, D.C.
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I came here after the football game; I had the mixed vegetables and he had the pad thai. "Thai spicy" here is not what I expected... very pleasant flavor but not incredibly hot, so don't be afraid to go for it. We also had a half priced bottle of wine on Sunday night which was great!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank ktrixie
Summerville, SC
“What a pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Discovered this place while walking around downtown Charlotte. I visited during a busy time of day, but was seated at the bar immediately because I was alone. I do this in many restaurants, as you can order off the menu at most any good restaurant and there is usually a space for you. I met some great folks from out of town sitting next to me, and we talked often during the meal. I ordered the Basil Rolls at first, and they were delightful. Very crispy and not over seasoned. Then I had the Pad Thai, and it was great! Perfectly seasoned, and the bartender (female) said I should try some of the more spicy sauce to go with it, which I did, and it only added to the great blend of vegetables, noodles, etc.. that makes up this national dish of Thailand. I will go back next time I am in Charlotte and try some of the curries. The total price for my meal, including a few cold draft beers, was very reasonable. Parking, if you need it, is available close by in multi story garages. Very convenient for all the downtown businesses and bars.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank alocalSummervilleSC
Albany, New York
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

We have been to many Thai restaurants from Boston to Kona, Hawaii. This was definitely one of the best.
It was not inexpensive but it was not the most expensive we have seen.
My husband had been in Charlotte a few weeks before and insisted that we return to the Basil Thai. He ordered his favorite Basil Chicken. He was Extremely pleased. The basil rolls were fresh and flavorful. They tasted fresh with the noodles moist. My Pad Thai was delicious. It was nicely seasoned and was generous portion. Pad thai has many interpretations. This one was nicely sauteed with generous amount of peanut and many included vegetables, egg and small pieces of tofu. Excellent texture, variety and flavor.

• Visited August 2011
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Basil is a must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

The food is absolutely delicious! The atmosphere is great for many occasions, especially date night and the service was outstanding! The restaurant was quite busy, as would be expected on a Saturday night around 7:30ish. However we were seated immediately, without prior reservations, and our server was at our table in no time. Excellent food, excellent overall!