“Amazing and so needed!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Madiera Beach, Fl.
“Amazing and so needed!”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My best friend and I did a short weekend stay Friday-Sunday; our first time in Charlotte and in this hotel. It was beyond amazing and we plan to return regularly. It’s the Ritz, so it’s expensive but truthfully I have stayed at other hotels which were more expensive or the same- and it’s really beyond compare.

My room rate was 305.00 a night- and included valet parking (30.00 a night) and the Carolina breakfast for two (20.00 each).

Everything about this hotel was amazing. The staff was beyond helpful, pleasant, and overall friendly. At check in, were served a glass of champagne. Check in could not have been easier and the staff was incredibly helpful.

Our room was spotless, beautiful, and roomy. Great closet space (two)…. All the amentias you could want- including a coffee station and a place to charge your phone. All lamps and lights had dimmers- including an area where you can push a button indicating you are ready to have your room cleaned or turn down service.

The bathroom was large, double marble vanities and a built in flat screen TV in the mirror. Separate (large) all glass shower, separate tub, and large area that were closed off and separate from the toilet. Again, light dimmers- great bathroom.

The lobby had a great overall feel to it… not pretentious- just very comfortable and great service. Nice bar and on Saturday night had a relaxing jazz like band- really good. BLT Steakhouse is on premises and if you stay there would defiantly recommend. Food and service is excellent!

We loved the spa area… the top floor is a “aqua lounge”- a great pool, comfortable (padded) lounge chairs which overlook the skyline and have ceiling to floor windows- relaxing music and the pool was great. I had the best massage I have ever had (Tiffany) - and the general area was relaxing and very serene and high end. They have an amazing shower and have all the amenities you could want.

The only complaint I could really say is like what other reviewers wrote- there is a club (several bars and such) across the street which don’t close until 2am- and are very, very loud. (There is a white noise machine in the room which helped). I mentioned it at the front desk… apparently there is no noise ordinance in this area- so it was loud.

However, the one night we did go clubbing and it was nice to just walk across the street. Plus, it was the weekend. I’m not sure I would have been able to tolerate it though if I was there for work and needed a good night sleep.

Housekeeping was beyond compare- really, everything was just fantastic and I could recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a fantastic stay! Loved this hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank kathryninfl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2011

The Ritz Carlton in Charlotte is everything you would expect from a Ritz property. I have stayed at the Ritz in Atlanta (Buckhead) and would easily say that the Charlotte property is better. Now it may not quite be a fair fight as the Buckhead location is older and the Charlotte location is brand new but it was all very well done and exactly what you would expect from a Ritz property. Having read the reviews about the noise I called ahead and requested a room on the opposite side of the Epicenter which we did get. My wife and I were having a quick one night getaway from our two year old so we checked in a little before 11:00am and headed straight upstairs to the pool to rest and relax. We ordered lunch by the pool and then hit the locker room area to steam and shower and then check into our room. The location is fantastic right in the middle of uptown and all the staff were very nice. They are a LEED certified property, which I hope Ritz Carlton continue to make all of their new properties this way. The only nit pick complaint my wife and I had was that the shower head could have been a little better but I'm sure that is some environmentally sensitive lower flow shower head. Not a big deal at all but like I said just a small nit pick.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kbgunter1
Atlanta
Reviewed January 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel over a weekend in January 2011. The hotel was beautiful, location ideal, and service was as you would expect from a Ritz. However, we had only one complaint, and we were not pleased with how it was addressed. We stayed on the side of the hotel next to the Epicenter. On weekends, they have a club that is opened until 2:00am and plays very loud music. My wife is pregnant, and with 2 noise machines going full blast could not go to sleep until after 2:00am due to the thumping bass. We are not ones to complain, but this was really bad. We let the front desk know at the time, as well as the next morning (as this is not what you would expect on a relaxing getaway at the Ritz), but the hotel did not offer to do anything to make it right other than offer to move us at 1:30am and call the police on the club. Nice hotel, but very disappointed in the noise and how it was handled.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spearb
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed January 23, 2011

It is a great hotel, it’s very clean and has spacious room. I had well equipped bathroom (both shower and tub) with modern design (built-in TV screen in a mirror!!!). Very nice lobby. You can make use also with indoor swimming pool with amazing view. Complimentary airport shuttle. I strongly recommend that hotel!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Monia-Ma
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Fabulous hotel, would stay again next time in Charlotte!

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank swishja
st. louis mo
Reviewed December 6, 2010

this is one terrific hotel. the sheets and the bed are difficult to describe but i will attempt to do so. high thread count and pillow top mattresses lead to a terrific night of sleeping. the staff is incredibly friendly. the design of the room is quite up to date. there was free coffee in the hotel lobby on the weekends. i don't think you can find a better room in town.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mytwosonsdad
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed November 17, 2010

We stayed here for a wedding we were in Charlotte for over a weekend. Living in LA and being accustomed to the best hotels in the world, I was a bit apprehensive of how a hotel in Charlotte would be (hey, this is an honest review). I couldn't have been more pleased. Though we checked in around midnight, the staff couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating. The rooms very very spacious, modern, and most importantly - comfortable and clean! The hotel is right in the middle of the city, so it is most likely convenient to whatever you may be doing. While I didnt have time to try the spa, room service and everything else I experienced was more than satisfactory. I might also add that we headed to another Ritz property immediate following this leg of the trip and paid over twice as much for the other place... and the Charlotte property was leaps and bounds better in every regard that the pricier South Beach property (yes, I know I am paying for the location of South Beach), but just saying. For under $300 per night, you will NOT find a better hotel anywhere.

Also, though I did not get to visit it, BLT Steakhouse is located in the hotel, which was a huge plus for me as they are one of my LA favorites ;)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple