“Great new hotel in Uptown Charlotte!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
Ranked #18 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
South Carolina
“Great new hotel in Uptown Charlotte!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

My wife & I, along with our 9-year old stayed here for a Bon Jovi concert. The hotel is directly next door to Time Warner/Bobcats arena and across the street from the Epicenter entertainment complex with lots of dining options. I almost always stay at Hilton properties and we decided to treat ourselves this time...we weren't disappointed. The rooms were much larger than the Hilton Charlotte and bathrooms were very big. Only complaint was that we couldn't get the room cool enough for our liking. However, road noise from the adjacent bars/clubs was not an issue. I'd highly recommend this hotel and stay here again, particularly for a concert or event at the arena...it's the closest hotel to the arena.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank culord

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

My surprize 50th birthday gift was a stay at the Ritz Carlton in Charlotte, NC. My stay was fabulous from the valet to the Spa treatment. The suite was to die for from the entrance to the the bathroom. Everything was grand, until checkout. This was an all expense paid experience for me. However, the receipt, that I should not have seen, was placed under my door and I was charged for the stay as well. Upon inquiry of the error made, I was assisted in a condesending manner and it appears that they have an issue with VISA debit cards. The manager advised me that it was a computer clitch. In a nutshell, the error, which was human, should have never happened. Customer Service means everything when you stay at any given hotel, motel, resort. Ritz Carlton I was not impressed with the customer service @ your front desk by clerk or manager.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

I surprised my wife with a night at the Ritz for our anniversary. When we arrived, the front desk staff wished us a happy anniversary. There was a very nice flower arrangement that I had ordered waiting in the room. The Ritz surprised me by adding a beautiful cake with fresh berries and a white chocolate ribbon that said happy anniversary! The hotel is modern and attractive throughout. The room was beautiful and nicely furnished. The bathroom was huge with a large separate bath and shower, and a TV built into the mirror that my wife loved! We took advantage of the special rate that included valet parking and an in-room breakfast, and ordered whatever we wanted from the room service menu. The breakfast was very nicely presented and the service was terrific. The hotel is in an excellent location just 1 block from the center of uptown Charlotte, so there are plenty of great restaurants and things to see nearby. It is also 1 block from the Time Warner Cable Arena and from the Lynx light rail station. Our room was very quiet and our entire stay was pleasant and comfortable. Be sure to check out the pool and spa on the top floor of the hotel. The pool overlooks the city and is beautiful. I recommend this hotel highly!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
DFW
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

I arrived and was informed by the front desk staff I had been upgraded. The room was incredible. Had to be at least 1400 square feet of absolutely beautifully decorated space. I was in heaven.

I went to my event came home around 11pm and tried to go to sleep. The noise from the street below is overwhelming. I woke up at 3am and there was no way to go back to sleep. I have had this same experience in New Orleans when I amde the mistake of getting a room on Bourbon Street or on the Riverwalk in San Antonio.

The hotel is stunning, the service is the usual outstanding service you expect from the Ritz Carlton, but the builders did this hotel a HUGE disservice by putting in the wrong windows.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank chickstein
blahblah457
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

I made the mistake of going to the bar at the hotel and overheard my waitress tell her co-worker she had strep throat, felt terrible, and had asked the boss to leave and been told she had to stay until closing. Ugh! The last thing I want when the flu is going around is to have someone whose sick serve me.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
8 Thank blahblah457
connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

We checked in on a Friday afternoon. We were warmly greated and told we had been upgraded and given a complimentary breakfast, given the fact that we had used a preferred travel agent affiliated with the Luxury Collection of Hotels. We were told that the roll-away bed we had requested was reserved and would be put in our room at turn-down when they made up the pull-out couch into a bed. When we returned at 10 p.m. nothing had been done. We called the desk and asked that it be taken care of. We then had to go down to the desk 20 minutes later to make the same request. The staff showed up and indicated that there were no more roll-away beds. They made a bed on the floor for our youngest son. It was close to 11:30 when they finished and we quickly put our children to bed. This was not the worst of it. The room was directly across the street from the Epicenter, an outdoor shopping, restaurant and bar complex. There was exceedingly loud music and you could even hear voices. This went on until 3 a.m. I finally went into the bathroom and slept on the floor at 2:45 a.m., as you could not hear the noise with the door closed. When we checked out the next morning, the desk attendant indicated that they were aware of the noise problem and that the hotel was trying to get a noise ordinance! Obviously, the others who wrote glowing reviews were not on this side of the hotel (or perhaps it is not a problem Monday - Thursday). Regardless, I felt I needed to write this review to warn those staying at The Ritz in Charlotte to make sure they are not in rooms opposite the Epicenter. To add insult to injury, at check out they told us our rate did not include the complimentary breakfast. We'll let our travel agent handle that one.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank tarheeltraveler04
newrock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

I've stayed at this new hotel a few times and the experience is unlike anything else in the area. Service and attention is top notch, from arrival through checkout, the interior spaces are elegant and the rooms superb. The baths, with marble floors, double sinks, huge amounts of space and TV's set into the mirror, are possibly the best I've ever seen in a hotel. The fitness area and pool are outstanding as well, and usually very quiet. The only slightly negative comments I'd make are that the room service menu is a bit light in terms of overall selection, and that the hotel is subject to some outside noise, coming from both an adjacent construction project and a busy street in front of the hotel. This is not a major concern, but is worth pointing out. However, the superior nature of the hotel completely offsets this minor inconvenience.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business