“Tier 3 hotel with tier 5 service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte

The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
Ranked #19 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Tier 3 hotel with tier 5 service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

In spite of a hair in the sink and thick dust on top of coffee machine, the services from the front desk and a pastry chef were superb and personal. I wanted to buy a cake for my brother, the pastry chef came up to explain the options of sweets which would survive hours of travel and suggested her favorite macarons before the opening hours of the store, Bar CoCoa.
They exceeded my expectation even further than I would ask for.
And illy espresso machine & cookies in the room and a table with full of complimentary pastries and coffee in the lobby in the morning were plus. If you drive a hybrid or an electric car, valet parking is free.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The Saturday night Jazz band playing in the bar area (5th and York) were outstanding. The decor of the bar and lounge area was just awesome. Even the restrooms are to die for. The couples dancing to the music was a very nice thing to see. The crowd seemed to really enjoy the bar, band, and boozes. It was a great time all around for our party of 4. We are looking forward to this experience again real soon. Cocoa, the dessert bar looked good. Its location is great right off the revolving door entrance. The low outdoor seating on the side of the building is a nice touch for people watching. The Epicentre is located right across the street. There's a lot to do in that area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We planned a long weekend for the Fourth in NYC, and when we arrived in Charlotte our flight to LaGuardia was cancelled. After long lines in baggage claim and the rental car agency at the airport, I was so exhausted and defeated, I just wanted to drive back 3 hours to our home in Charleston. My husband suggested we stay the night and relax. He found this Ritz online and we drove there to check it out. They offered a great rate considering the brand, so we jumped on it. From the moment we stepped out of the car, we felt totally taken care of. Every single employee we encountered was friendly and accomodating. We retired to our beautiful guest suite with his and hers closets and bathrooms, and after about 10 minutes, called down to keep the room through the weekend. This hotel is in a great location, has a genuinely friendly staff, beautiful rooms, a top floor large gym and indoor pool and hot tub, the list goes on and on. There is a great farm to table restaurant next door called Rooster you need to check out and the Cocoa Bar has the BEST cookies so snag one on your way back up to the hotel room after dinner. The room service breakfast was delicious too - try the house made granola and chicken apple sausage. From the concierge, to the front desk manager and staff, to the bellmen, to the bartender, to the housekeeper, to the in-room dining staff - I applaud the manager of this hotel. He's got a crew that appears to be enthusiatic about their career path, the hotel clientele, and each other. We are going back for a long weekend in the fall.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite, the hotel was dead b/c of the Holiday weekend. I will stay in this same...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stacy29492
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear stacy29492,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your travel plans did not go as expected but thrilled that we helped turn your "vacation disaster" into an unexpected escape.

We strive to be your "home away from home" when travelling and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the Fall!

David Rothwell
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had a wonderful experience-- two families, staying one night. Our room was spacious and well appointed, and everything worked the way it was supposed to. Jesse and Marc at the concierge desk spent a great deal of time helping us figure out how to make the most of our stay in Charlotte, and their advice was perfect every time. The treats in the lobby were a nice plus, and everyone else who helped us, from housekeeping, parking, and the front desk, was professional and efficient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at the hotel over the weekend with some friends. The rooms are well appointed, and the bathrooms are luxurious. We walked to dinner and went out for drinks after. The hotel is very close to a busy restaurant/bar area called The Epicenter. When we got back to the hotel, there was security at the door. It was nice to know they were monitoring who was entering the hotel that late at night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Darci M
savannah, ga.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Talk about elegant. I feel like I am in Paris when I stay at this Ritz. The cost of my stay was worth it. The food was wonderful, the employees are well trained and nice. The room was lovely, beds comfortable, beautiful bathroom. It was also nice to be able to walk places and there is quite a bit to do in this part of town. If you can afford to treat yourself, stay here. We often come
when the monthly metrolina antique show is taking place, the first weekend of the month. It is a big show with lots of good dealers and good food.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank melissab1984
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Recently had a business trip that enabled my repeat stay at this location. The service has always been excellent here, but I was especially impressed with Desi. I can go months without visiting and he still remembers me, remembers my family visiting with me one trip, asks how everyone is and even provided a gift bag for my son last visit. Way to go on making a memorable impression with your service! Hoping my next travels to Charlotte find me with a reservation at the Ritz!

Green Features: Appreciate the environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Jen G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel. I feel very fortunate to work with outstanding ladies and gentelmen like Desi. I will be sure to share your kind words with him.

I love reading review like yours. Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the property!

David Rothwell