“Service beyond compare”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Asheville, North Carolina
“Service beyond compare”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This Ritz Carlton is one of the better of the bunch. The service is great and everyone is always so friendly and courteous. Rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms have tons of room. The pool is on the top with great views and a huge hot tub. This is a very nice property within proximity of everything downtown.

Room Tip: Rooms on the urban garden side are quieter, try to get a higher floor if on street side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Augusta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We spent an awesome weekend here and enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. The Pent House pool is stunning, the gym is top notch. The rooms are huge with tall ceilings and a great bathroom with a nice walk in shower, soaker tub, and a TV in the vanity mirror.

We enjoyed the restaurant too - the food was 5 Star!

Room Tip: All are nice.
Green Features: I noticed that this place has an electric car charging area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Russell W
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were treated like royalty during our stay. We actually live in Charlotte but stayed here during a two day event uptown in Charlotte. Staff incredible detail oriented and friendly. Superior service everywhere we looked! Prices are high but you get what you okay for. It was truly a pleasure to stay at such a high quality hotel. Would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Lucy J
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Lucy J,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I am thrilled you enjoyed the amenities and services during your visit to Uptown.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My daughters (8 and 10yrs) and I enjoyed a quick downtown Charlotte vacation. I've been to Charlotte several times, but have never spent time there strictly as a tourist. We visited a few of the local museums, had several delicious meals in town, and spent time relaxing at the hotel's indoor pool and hot tub. The staff at the hotel was exceptionally nice and helpful with their recommendations, particularly Mark and Jesse. From the moment we walked into the hotel, their banter with the girls kept them engaged and feeling as though we were special guests at the hotel (indulging them with surprise cupcakes likely added to that feeling as well). It was a thoroughly enjoyable respite and one that would have been far less relaxing had it not been for the excellent service at this hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CourtneyRJames
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My friends had the presidential suite for their wedding and we were in the suite all day. People were locked in the bathroom because the handle didn't work on inside of the bathroom. Later that evening, they had the after party in the suite and we had nothing but problems. People were not being very loud - very chill party, and we had non-stop problems from the Ritz security and the Charlotte police telling everyone to be quiet. Someone was locked in the kitchen and could not get out and the security and police reprimanded this person repeatedly for making noise (locked in kitchen with no way out so was yelling asking for help). The way our guests were treated was absolutely embarrassing and uncalled for. If a "luxury hotel" has a presidential suite, they should adequately soundproof it so their clients can actually take advantage of the suite. I am so upset at the way we were treated. I will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. Unbelievable and embarrassing how we were treated.

Room Tip: Do NOT pay the money for the presidential suite. The service it terrible and forget having a party...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank C T
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Good afternoon C T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Feedback is extremely important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number (704) 549-4199. I look forward to hearing from you.

NSW
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I know the Epicenter is not part of the Ritz Carlton, but it's all you can think about at 1.30am. I was expecting a little noise based on the other reviews, but it was unbearable after a long flight. We were told we had a room on the garden side of the hotel. We couldn't see a garden from our room, and based on the noise we encountered a few hours later, I would hope that it wasn't. If that was the quieter side, I would hate to think how other guests fared that night! Otherwise, the hotel is great - the room is large and well furnished. Still, this matters little when you cannot sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AngieNSW
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband comes here for work regularly, this is the second time I've joined him, as we will be moving here later this year. After a long day of looking at neighborhoods I wanted to just go to sleep but I can't because it's Thursday night and the music and noise from the epicenter is so loud that even with earplugs I am unable to fall asleep. This is even at 11:20 on a Thursday. The Ritz really let us down this trip. My husband has asked more than once to have in his profile to be in a room on the garden side, and to not have down bedding. If you are a heavy sleeper maybe it's not so bad for you, but to us this sounds like being in the middle of a bad cover band at a bar. It's so loud and the hotel's respond is to give you earplugs and suggest to call the front desk so much that they will call the police. We had to call and ask for non down bedding as I have an allergy. This was annoying and inconvenient but the gentlemen who came to our room to fix it was so lovely. The rooms are spacious, the bathrooms are amazing with a huge tub, an awesome shower, and separate toilet, plus double sinks! I really don't want to stay here on our next house hunting trip because I wont be able to get any sleep. If you like sleep, I would suggest a different hotel in town!

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank 852Jennyfromtheblock
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear 852Jennyfromtheblock,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. Your insight is very valuable to us and we appreciate your taking the time to write a response.

We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of customer service and experiences for our guests and I am sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience personally. I can be reached at 704-547-2244 and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Warm regards,