“Average”

Ranked #18 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

The noise from the epicenter. I have been here a half dozen times and I will have to say I won't go back. The noise from the epicenter on loud nights is insane. They even put sound machines in the room to dampen the noise. Otherwise it was just another Ritz. Please understand when you book here you run the risk of having a bad stay due to noise. Our bed had the vibrations from the music due to the across the street epicenter bar. Be careful staying here!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StuartKas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Loved the spa and the special treatment they gave me! I enjoyed a massage and pedicure as well as an afternoon enjoying all the spa amenities! I will most definitely be back!

The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to great restaurants and bars!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had been avoiding staying at the Charlotte location of the Ritz due to there being no club level, and we have been making a HUGE mistake! We were in town for a concert so staying here was more for the location. Each time we come back to Charlotte, we will ALWAYS stay at this hotel.
It is in a fantastic location to be able to walk for drinks, dinner, concerts etc.,
Upon check in we were handed a glass of Prosecco, which was very classy, and they people at check in were friendly and helpful. The foyer is stunning as you are looking down towards the lobby bar. We went up to our room, and we had booked a regular room. It was very spacious and the bathroom was HUGE with a gorgeous tub, dual vanities and a TV in the mirror. Grealt lighting in the bathroom too, along with two additional make up/magnified mirrors. The towels were very sumptuous.
We went downstairs to meet friends in the lobby lounge, and it extended all the way to the back of the downstairs with comfortable/trendy seating, couches and tables. The music was awesome. Has a very European flair to it. The drinks were not expensive at all, and the wine list was really good by the glass. We then went upstairs to the 15th floor to Urban Sip for the cheese and wine hour. This is a really nice room overlooking the city, with again, a really good wine list.
When we came back at night we again went to the 15th floor, and it was packed as a wedding had emptied out. The manager could not have been nicer, and found us seats and a table. Great way to end the night.
Upon leaving in the morning there was coffee and pastries for everyone in the lobby, and the chocolate croissant was a lovely treat. Oh and by the way, the mattresses were heavenly, and we meant to look who made them as we are buying a new one. SUCH comfortable beds!
As always, everyone at the Ritz Carlton were lovely, professional and couldn't do enough for you. Cannot wait to return :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jane B
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I checked into the Ritz for a staycation as we live close by in Charlotte. The Ritz never fails to make you feel special. Our room was ready ahead of schedule, room service was prompt, housekeeping helped us with all of our requests. I would also recommend relaxing in the rooftop pool and taking advantage of the lobby bar/restaurant. When the staff found out it was our anniversary, they treated us to a free dessert. We also had dinner at BLT Steak, which did not disappoint. Great experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda C
Ona, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We came to Charlotte to attend a wedding and stayed at the Ritz Carlton. The minute you arrive you are pampered! Everyone was very nice and helpful. They actually care if you are enjoying your stay. We were on the 12th floor facing the epic center and the only draw back was the noise from outside late at night. The Ritz does have a nice Boise sound system with relaxing music to help drown out the noise. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was over the top clean and nice with an added luxury of having a tv in the mirror (which was nice to watch while getting ready) the towels are plush and the bathroom was stocked with extra little supplies. We ordered breakfast in and it was there within 20 mins and set up by a very pleasant woman. Our car was brought down to us by the valet who again was very helpful with directions. This weekend the Ritz offered a complimentary Mercedes to drive at your request for 3 to 4 hours. Who does that?? Over all the Ritz spoils you and I don't want to stay anywhere else! Oh, it was beautiful inside too! From the lobby to the eating areas to the elevators- all top notch! There must be a million dollars in art work!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Pocamo50
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

After 2 stays and 4 dining/drinks experiences, I've consistently said that this property ranks far below other Ritz properties in the service department- tonight was no exception. Meeting a friend for heavy appetizers and drinks before a show, we experienced yet another night of below-par service. After twice reminding the server we were on a time schedule to make it to the theater, apparently arriving at 6:15 with the intent to have a couple appetizers and leave by 7:40 was too much to ask. I had to get up and place my order with the rude smirking bartender when 20 minutes went by with no server checking on us to place an order. Three appetizers took an additional 35 minutes and I had to again physically get up to get the credit cards run, only to discover later that I had been handed my friend's card and almost went home with it, despite the server calling me by name prior to handing me the folio supposedly containing my card. Frankly, I've had better service at a TGI Friday's. This, coupled with disappointing service on previous overnight stays, makes me wonder if this city that aspires to be "world class" will ever have a luxury hotel property to match such lofty aspirations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank GirlOnAGlobe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife, 2 children and I stayed here on October 6th for 1 night since our floors in our house, we live 2 miles from the hotel, were being refinished.

We arrived at 9am understanding that our room wouldn't be available until after 1pm and hoping we could sit in the lobby to use their wireless network for work. Surprisingly, the hotel had a room available to us and allowed us to check in at that time. Even more surprisingly, having booked a room with 2 queen beds, the hotel upgraded us to an executive suite (facing College Street and the Bank of America complex).

Room was wonderful. 1 bedroom with 2 queens (something I haven't seen before which was actually nice) an excellent sized living room (pull out couch, 2 chairs, working desk, table for 4).

We used the gym and the hotel pool (18th floor with a view of the Epicenter complex) and both were very good. We were the only people using the pool that Monday night so my daughter loved having it to herself. In the pool area also, there was a nice, I spa tub which was just right for temperature. Drinks and appetizers could be ordered from the pool area, although we didn't see any attendants while we were up there.

Service at all times was excellent. From the valet, which had our car always ready when we came down, to the front desk to the staff working at Bar Cocoa (nice selection of chocolates and ice cream), everyone was always friendly and assisting.

We ordered dinner and breakfast from in room dinning. Both meals were good. I would say that the selection is some what minimal but there are many restaurants near by that are an easy 5 minute walk from the hotel.

My reason for giving the hotel 4 stars is, while really not a fault of the hotel, is the noise. The noise isn't from within the hotel but from the Epicenter complex in front of the hotel. It was Monday so I was assuming we'd have a quiet night but at 1:30am I woke up to the ever increasing noise (wasn't even decent music) coming from one of the bars at Epicenter (probably Suite or Whisky River). I did notice that the hotel has tried to address this issue by installing a white noise feature on the Bose stereo systems in the room. My simple suggestion is if you're planning on staying here, even if you have a room facing away from the Epicenter complex, bring some ear plugs just in case the noise from Epicenter become unbearable.

Overall very good stay, just wish we hadn't been woken up from the party across the street (yes, I'm getting, unfortunately, old and crankier).

Room Tip: Rooms facing College Street will provide some protection from the noise at Epicenter.