“Excellent Hotel”

The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
Ranked #16 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel is top notch as you would expect from a Ritz. The thing I love about the Charlotte Ritz is that it's super modern and chic. The lobby area is awesome and the bar has a cool uptown feel. I got ready at the hotel before my wedding and stayed here on my wedding night. They were absolutely fantastic and followed up with us several times to make sure things went as planned. My husband and I recently spent time at the spa and enjoyed that too. The facilities are very nice and everything you hope to find from a high end spa. I hate to say but we were a bit disappointed with the massages. Certainly not the best I've had, but they were the most expensive we've had. I think they need to consider upgrading the talent in the spa for sure. Overall, love the hotel and the rock star service they provide.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is an outstanding hotel - food, bar scene, amenities, etc. However, if you stay in this hotel on a Friday or Saturday night, you will not be sleeping. There is a night club entertainment complex across the street and you will hear the thumping base (their white noise machines or ear plugs are no match for this) and crowd noise if you stay on the Trade Street side of the hotel. The hotel called the police at midnight the noise was so loud when we had to move to another room during our stay. You have been warned.........

Room Tip: Do not accept a room on the front side of the building!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CLTNC1
Reviewed May 31, 2013

It should be no surprise that this is the best hotel in Charlotte, NC. Trendy and beautiful. We had my stepdaughter too and she loved it. The pool is awesome and hot tub too. Great views of Charlotte. It's very spa like. I loved our room. It was the nicest, most updated Ritz I'd ever stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Words can not describe how well one is treated here. The lady at the front desk, Carla, made our anniversary as special as possible by working hard and upgrading us to the presidential suite. It was everything we dreamed that an anniversary could be. From Jon and Gaston out front of the hotel, to Carla, Christian, Josh, and Troy at the front desk, and also Marie and Courtney at the bar, we feel like family to these folks and they are all very dear to us now. If you want one of the greatest hotel experiences ever, you go to the Ritz Carlton Charlotte. Thank you all so much again we will never forgot your professionalism and kindness!

Room Tip: EVERY room is state-of-the-art. There are integrated televisons in the bathroom mirrors to give you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

One of the better hotels I have stayed at. Service is superb, the rooms are well appointed (the beds are so comfortable), and the location was great. Lots around there but the bar in the hotel is good for appetizers as well. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Ritz Charlotte NC carries in it's decor and atmosphere the elegance, technology, and modern comfort you expect from the brand. What was not expected was the complete professionalism, and overwhelming hospitality of the staff. Upon check in Mark greeted us warmly checked us in quickly, and inquired not only of how he could assist with our hotel stay but how he could help with the details of our entire trip. From the start Mark made our family feel confident that if we needed anything it would be his pleasure to assist. Mike, our bellman also gave us excellent service. He was helpful several times with directions and went above and beyond. Each time as we entered the hotel he always asked thoughtful and helpful questions. He gave us directions twice. Jen in the resteraunt gave quick service. We were in a hurry ( unfortunately) and everything was prompt and as ordered. Our compliments to the kitchen staff and chef the food was five star all the way. We had a few questions upon checkout. Carla made wrapping everything up quick and painless with a smile.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kellie P
Reviewed May 11, 2013

In town to see our son play lacrosse and stayed at Ritz. This is a really beautiful hotel from the minute you walk in the door. Guys out front so courteous including a gentleman in suit greeting,opening doors,assisting with umbrellas, who i saw both days i was there(Wish i could remember name) Service at Front desk was outstanding,very friendly. Lobby is fresh,and has great feel to it. Room was beautifully appointed. Special call out goes to Sebastian who I believe is one of the managers(if he isnt,please consider promoting him as such..!) at their in lobby BLT restaurant. My wife and I both ordered steak and I picked a bottle of wine I thought I knew. It was opened,poured and it was obvious I had made a bad pick. We then asked our waitress(wish i could remember her name as well as she was terrific) for a couple of reds by the glass because,I told her,I had botched the wine selection. Before she could come back with them,Sebastian came over to table,so politely asked if he could recommend a bottle and he did. It was just great and complimented our meals perfectly. Once the bill arrived,I was simply shocked that he had removed the charge for the bottle i had ordered! I was overwhelmed with the gesture as I thought I would be paying for 2 bottles. What a gesture and what a terrific way to guarantee our return to what is a really good restaurant. Thanks again Sebastian and thanks to all at the Ritz. GREAT Hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple