Overall --- we can't wait to go back, but they had some big "boo boos" on our visit.
I want to give it a "6" in some areas and a "2" in others depending upon if I compare it to all hotels, or a higher standard of other Ritz properties. We've stayed at a few before on special occasions, and this was a 'date night' for us while the kids were with a babysitter.
[And for the record, I had some hotel vouchers that were going to expire, so this cost me a lot less than normal or we wouldn't have done it --- I'm too cheap!]
- love the location! Some reviews complained about it and the noise, but I would suggest to you that it's a super spot to be located, and with-in walking distance to "everything." We were only on the 3rd floor, and I agree that maybe it could have been loud had there been a major event at the Time-Warner Arena, but that's what you get in a big city!
- service rocks! The people were great, and I am going to go out of my way to thank them on the Ritz website too (thanks Mark, Ashley and Brooke, to name a few). I mentioned I was on the third floor, and when we called the valet for the car it was there before we could get down the elevator.
- food - Awesome as always. I so enjoy eating at a Ritz. Maybe it's my brain playing tricks on me, but everything just tastes better! Try the sweet potato fries appetizer in the bar, or the filet at BLT with the jalapeno mashed potatoes (didn't think we'd like it but we scraped the bowl). The popovers were interesting, too.
- you get what you pay for - I saw some reviews where people complained about the prices at a Ritz. We always know that going in, so just like going to the "best restautant in town" anywhere in the country --- don't expect to pay Burger King or Applebee's prices!
- major no-no --- we opened the door and got a huge whiff of something nasty. It wasn't mold, and my wife thought maybe it was spilled (bad) perfume? In any event, we complained, they couldn't swap us to another room, so they offered an extra industrial cleaning. We were already heading down for dinner, so this wasn't a problem and we received some comps.
- not a huge deal, but they skipped our turn-down service, which is always nice to come back to after a night out. I called and they fixed it immediately.
- there were two significant errors on our bill at check out. Again, it was fixed immediately, but still!? I don't have that problem at the Courtyard Marriott or Doubletree, etc.
Again, overall we can't wait to go back, but they had some big "boo boos" on our visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of vibrant Uptown Charlotte, The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, is a luxury hotel that brings an urbane sophistication through its innovative restaurants, dramatic skyline views, penthouse Spa & Wellness Center, spacious guest rooms and suites, and its environmental commitment that is rarely seen in a contemporary urban hotel. Included in the prestigious Condé Nast Traveler Gold List and Travel + Leisure World's Best Hotels, The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte is perfect for families and couples, business executives and groups, each destined to enjoy an unforgettable experience just steps from the city's cultural heart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Marriott, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte Hotel Charlotte