“Best Ritz Carlton property and experience!!!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Best Ritz Carlton property and experience!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

When it comes to luxury hotel, my preference is modern and elegant decoration, celebrity chef restaurant, swanky bar, well executed construction, thoughtful and sublime room details and features, guest service that makes you feel like a genuinely welcomed and esteemed guest.

And I would say Ritz Carlton in Charlotte meets all of my needs, the property achieves superb balance of classic and modern. I loved it! There was a lot to say about the modern, elegant and functional guest bath room, where I comfortably enjoyed a glass of pinot noir from room service, read my book in the perfectly deemed lighting (to my preference) while taking a lovely scented bath, and playing my favorite relaxation playlist on the ipod/iphone docker, and occasionally look up to see the latest news headline on TV in the bathroom mirror (muted).

The next morning, I enjoyed a good workout in the modern and equipped gym on the top floor while enjoying the view of Charlotte and a lovely swim in their very elegant and large pool.

The only complain is the noise from the Club/Lounge nearby can get pretty loud, the noise level depends on which area of the building you are in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Aquavit28

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Our experience with most of hotel staff was great - valet to check-in staff were great. Lounge staff and management on the other hand were disorganized and were unhelpful. We were told a certain sports game would be played at the bar (which we requested earlier in the day) and we waited for 1.5 hours without any answer. We asked the manager and staff multiple times to give us an update and no one helped. Once we got a table (which is a hassle in itself as seating is first come first serve so you have to stay standing nearby to get a table or someone else will just come and sit down), no one came to give us an update regarding what was going on with the game....we were ignored until I went and complained to the general manager at which time someone came to our table and apologized for the "miscommunication". In my opininon there was no communication, we were completely ignored despite numerous attempts at clarification of what was going on. The hotel didnt have access to the game but left us standing waiting for a table for over an hour and then for another hour before anyone actually told us what was going on. Truly dissapointing for such a fabulous property. We could have just gone somewhere else instead of having my pregnant wife wait for a table and clarification from staff that night.

Overall, rooms are great but if you are facing the street it can get loud at night as their are many late night establishment right across the street from the hotel. Breakfast was good at the lounge in the morning and room staff was helpful, and professional. The few hours during one night at the lounge ruined our entire trip to this Ritz-Carlton property.

Room Tip: For queiter rooms, get rooms which are not on the main road on the same side as hotel entry.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 9MSB9
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Had drinks with my wife on a Friday night. the Service from EJ was top notch. Ritz is known for great service and EJ did not let us down. It was very busy and lively bar scene but she was a true professional!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David R
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Undoubtedly, a lot of thought and money was put into designing the rooms at the Ritz-Carlton in Charlotte. I stayed in a deluxe king room that was not only luxurious and spacious but extremely functional. The bathroom was supurb: double sinks, a large shower and a separate water chamber. To top it off, a hidden TV was embedded into the mirror behind the double sinks. The room featured two closets, lots of storage space and a large screen TV. The office desk/area and was more like a small office with office supplies to boot. Another nice touch was not only the single cup coffee maker but in addition a separate expresso machine. There are other fine touches provided in the room; too numerous to mention.

My only regret is that my trip to Charlotte involved a quick one night stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TripTex
North Carolina
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The Ritz-Carlton in Charlotte was the hotel my wife and I have ever experienced. From valet and check-in to check-out was fantastic. The best service we have ever experience in a hotel. The bar was cozy and the entire staff was accommodation, pleasant, knowledgeable and always available for all our needs. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank msand66023
chapel hill, nc
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This place makes an impression. Beautiful lobby and bar area, incredible design and woodwork. Outstanding service at every level. Rooms are spacious and full of modern amenities. Close to numerous attractions and great restaurants, and a short walk to a Panthers' game.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alexkitty
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I visited this hotel with a group for the Belk Bowl, here are my thoughts:

1. Decor was very nice and tasteful. When you walk in it is clear you are at a Ritz Carlton. This hotel is LEED Gold, but the only visible hint of this would be the electric car charging station at the entrance. The rooms were clean, but my only concern with this hotel is that my room seems to have had quite a bit of wear and tear considering the hotel is only a year old. This hotel apparently gets a lot of business from people in town for sporting events, etc, and they may wear a room down faster than business travelers. This may be something to watch but it's not much of an issue now.

2. Location is excellent if you are looking for a downtown (they call it uptown here) spot. The hotel is right next door to the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats arena as well as the light rail system. We were able to walk to the stadium comfortably for the bowl game.

3. Food was great. We had breakfast at the hotel as well as dinner at BLT. When I have been to BLT in New York I wasn't that impressed, but I was very pleased with this one.

4. Amenities that we checked out were a large and well equipped exercise room (smart considering the number of NBA players that stay here) and a very nice indoor pool. I heard the spa was nice but we did not visit.

5. Service, as mentioned above, was fantastic. The staff went way beyond the call of duty to make sure that our needs were accommodated. When you stay in a Ritz Carlton (especially when you pay a higher than usual rate because of an event) you expect excellent service, but what we received was better than excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family