“Very nice and modern!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
Ranked #17 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Okay, so we got an Executive Room upgrade on the third floor. I was a bit concerned about noise but appreciated the upgrade and wanted to take the chance. First the room was absolutely awesome, probably the best layout of any hotel room I've had. Smelled so fresh and clean, can't say enough. The staff told us several times about the white noise machine so we of course used it. It drowned out the noise almost completely for us and didn't bother me at all. My only complaint is the air conditioning as it has motion detectors and cuts off with no moving (ie sleeping)... got hot during the night. Staff was great, restaurant I loved. The girl in the pool area was very nice and gave us a tour of the pools and Spa (very nice!!!). Amex Plat FHR brought us here so thumbs up for participating! Oh, and the location is awesome!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xfire22

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am a big fan of the Ritz Carlton chain of hotels and the Charlotte Ritz did not disappoint. From the Valet to the Front Desk the first 10 minutes of my stay at the Ritz were filled with gracious service. I also cannot go without mentioning the wonderful hotel staff that were making minature ice cream cones for guests as they walked in from the scorching heat. Thankfully, the fantastic surprises did not end once I checked in. My room was spacious and wonderfully appointed. The bathroom alone sold me on extending my stay for an additional night. Huge sunken tub, separate shower with a foot pedestal for shaving my legs and a mini TV imbedded in the mirror above the double sinks - who could ask for more. As a business traveller I love hotels that have pools and good work out facilities - again the Ritz exceeded my expectations. The pool has fantastic views of the city and you can run in the workout room while gazing out on the skyline.

Since no hotel stay is complete with out checking out the bar and room service - I have to say the Ritz hit it out of the ball park with this one. My family in Charlotte stopped by for a drink or two and just would not leave - they had so much fun we ended up in BLT for dinner.

I will definitely be back to the Charlotte Ritz - and recommend it to families and business travellers or for a girls weekend (the SPA is fantastic)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Suzee2351
Reviewed May 23, 2011

.I was delayed over in Charlotte, NC and decided to make a business trip out of the ordeal I was in. The Ritz caught my eye and I'm glad I chose to stay here!

Check in was smooth and friendly as I was promptly led to my room. The room was clean and refreshing after a day of travel in the dreaded skies above. The bathroom was large with a full shower and a nice soaking tub separated by glass. The TV within the mirror is a nice addition. The room was quiet and had every touch that you would expect from the Ritz.

I workout everyday so when I made it to the fitness/gym area I was pleasantly surprised. The gym was spacious with new cardio equipment, free weights, lap pool, spinning room, and yoga area. I spent the majority of my time in the gym but did make it downstairs to the restaurant, can’t recall the name. The meal was ok but not what I expected, however a friendly staff.
Overall the stay was great and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in the Charlotte area!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank weberskk
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I've stayed in the top hotels all over Uptown Charlotte, and none of them compare to the Ritz when it comes to quality, rooms, service, vibe, food, location, etc...

It's heads and shoulders above the competition and by far the choice for someone looking for the best. The rooms are good sized and the beds are some of the best I've slept in. The service is top notch, as you'd expect from The Ritz. The location is in the center of everything. The lobby is always bustling with people and energy, especially in the evening, the in-room dining is excellent.

The ONLY negative I could imagine someone coming up with is the noise if your room faces the Epicenter, but the sound machine has always been the answer for us in that regard.

Also, if you're a Platinum or Centurion cardholder with AMEX, they offer a great deal. If you book through AMEX, you receive a room upgrade at check-in, if available, $100 food and beverage credit and in-room breakfast. Brilliant!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank UniversalGC
Reviewed April 28, 2011

My wife and I stopped here for two night over Easter.The city was incredibly quiet.We arrived on Good Friday having travelled for almost 24 hours from Melbourne,Australia.It was great to arrive there and be given a very comfortable room by efficient staff.Our room was spacious with a large and modern bathroom.We had drinks in the lobby bar which was busy and fun.Its a new hotel (2 years old) so it still looks fresh.The conciege was excellent helping us with a terrific dinner reservation after our long trip.LUCE is Italian,close bye and excellent - recommended.My only complaint is I booked on line several weeks ago.When I noticed the hotel was so quiet I checked what the current rate would be and it was about a third less than I was paying by booking ahead.This was not a happy feeling and makes you wonder what is the best way around this problem.The hotel wouldn't cut the rate on my second night as it had been prebooked. The Ritz Carlton is more boutique size and is well located.We had no complaints and would return.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christopher R
Reviewed April 12, 2011

To start this Ritz is located right next to the Epicenter Charlotte which is a block of restaurants, bars, clubs, a theater and numerous other entertaining things to do and is great of people watching. It is also about ½ a block from the arena so perfect if you are attending a game. This is the plus but also the minus. Be sure to ask for a room that does not face the Epicenter if you want to rest. You can hear the club’s bass all night until they close.
The service was great overall. I do enjoy relaxing in the bar downstairs. There is always live entertainment in the evening and the bartenders and staff are great.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Imperial_Eli
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Amazingly perfect stay- everything was EXCELLENT! Attentive staff, excellent in room dining, wonderful rooms. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that end in -09...noisy ductwork