“the best pho I've ever had--and I've had a lot”
Review of Vietnam Grill

Vietnam Grill
Ranked #145 of 2,386 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Vietnamese
“the best pho I've ever had--and I've had a lot”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I was in Charlotte on business, craving pho. Found this place by accident after the one I searched on my GPS was gone. WOW. Rich, perfectly-balanced broth, slow-simmered and clear; rare beef cooking in my bowl; noodles at the perfect consistency (they looked hand-cut, by the way), and just enough fresh basil, sprouts, lime, and jalapenos to enhance it to my taste. Pretty sure no MSG. Friendly service, a nice chat with the chef, and Vietnamese coffee to finish it off...a memorable experience.

Looks unassuming, but quite an eye-pleaser inside. Good prices. Totally want to go back. Doesn't appear to be in an elite corner of Charlotte, but worth finding.

2 Thank bookthyme

Charlotte
“Vietnam Grill, South Blvd”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

This place appears unassuming (a dive) from the outside but the freshness of the ingredients and the quality of the cuisine was outstanding.

Even BETTER: It is BYOB. We brought a small cooler in with a couple of beers and a bottle of wine. The waiter and other staff were accomodating with wine glasses and when our our food arrived at the table the manager explained the dishes to us and suggested I take the accompanying sauce and toss the food, etc. I liked that he was very passionate explaining things to us.

I can't wait to go back. The bill was reasonable and if you are a wine snob, bring your own booze and save.

A++