“Great service, good food.”
Review of Vietnam Grill

Vietnam Grill
Ranked #140 of 2,376 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Vietnamese
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service, good food.”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I've eaten at a lot of Vietnamese restaurants and am pretty familiar with the food. Located inside a former Jersey Mike's, this place is pretty expensive compared to others located in the same area. The staff is great though! They'll help and explain everything to you!

Don't shy away from it because of it's location! It's a must try for Pho lovers. But remember to try their other menu items like their Bún dishes (vermicelli noodles with fresh vegetables and grilled pork in a sweet fish sauce) and their rice dishes!

Charlotte, NC
“Best Vietnamese in Charlotte!”
Reviewed February 25, 2010

We've eaten in nearly every up and low scale Vietnamese restaurant in Charlotte and Vietnam Grille is the best! The owners are very friendly and work hard to provide excellent food and service. We've eaten here numerous times since we discovered it six months ago and have always had a great exerience. (The owner/chef will happily explain the menu to newbies so don't be afraid to check it out.)

3 Thank CorgiSlave
“the best pho I've ever had--and I've had a lot”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I was in Charlotte on business, craving pho. Found this place by accident after the one I searched on my GPS was gone. WOW. Rich, perfectly-balanced broth, slow-simmered and clear; rare beef cooking in my bowl; noodles at the perfect consistency (they looked hand-cut, by the way), and just enough fresh basil, sprouts, lime, and jalapenos to enhance it to my taste. Pretty sure no MSG. Friendly service, a nice chat with the chef, and Vietnamese coffee to finish it off...a memorable experience.

Looks unassuming, but quite an eye-pleaser inside. Good prices. Totally want to go back. Doesn't appear to be in an elite corner of Charlotte, but worth finding.

2 Thank bookthyme
Charlotte
“Vietnam Grill, South Blvd”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

This place appears unassuming (a dive) from the outside but the freshness of the ingredients and the quality of the cuisine was outstanding.

Even BETTER: It is BYOB. We brought a small cooler in with a couple of beers and a bottle of wine. The waiter and other staff were accomodating with wine glasses and when our our food arrived at the table the manager explained the dishes to us and suggested I take the accompanying sauce and toss the food, etc. I liked that he was very passionate explaining things to us.

I can't wait to go back. The bill was reasonable and if you are a wine snob, bring your own booze and save.

A++