“Nice afternoon coffee and snack!”

Amelie's French Bakery
Ranked #1 of 70 Dessert in Charlotte
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Open 24|7|365 Our flagship location Charlotte's historic NoDa Arts District. Full selection of pastry, savory and coffee. Private event spaces available. Free wifi.
Houston, Texas
“Nice afternoon coffee and snack!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came here for an afternoon coffee and snack. We ordered the creme puff and salted caramel brownie. Both choices were very good! The staff was friendly and the prices were good. I'd come back.

Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
Matthews, North Carolina
“A+ Bakery”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I don't get to Amelie's very often but when I do I indulge in something delicious. Great place!! Wish I could go more often.

Visited April 2013
Kansas City
“Delicious and delightful!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Yummy desserts and cozy atmosphere. A bit pricey, but it's not an "everyday" kind of place. When we went (summertime) it was PACKED, but my local friends say that's common for this place. Don't be shy with the other guests if there is limited seating and they aren't using all of theirs - the store encourages SHARING the tables and chairs and various board games scattered around, so just dive in. The food and charming atmosphere is worth it!

• Visited August 2013
Newnan, Georgia
“Great for meeting friends and relaxing”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We were driving thru Charlotte and a friend recommended Amelie's. Glad she did. It is a bakery and coffee house in one. There are tables and couches to sit at. We sat in the room to the left. The decor is charming. I had the French lemon aid with lavender. It was different. The eclairs are yummy. It is quiet enough to bring a sleeping baby. Classical music plays I the background. There is also outside seating. Restrooms are clean.

Visited September 2013
“Amelie's Petite (on Tyson St)- Nothing French about it...”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

At this location of Amelie's French Bakery, I didn't see anything French about it. My friend and I went there at around 10:30 am, we ordered a coffee, a cappuccino and chocolate croissant to share. The cappuccino was not bad, but the coffee was below mediocre (tasted it black and it was not fresh), and the croissant was horrible! It was chewy and soggy, definitely not baked that morning! It's all about expectations, if it was just a regular coffee joint, I wouldn't have been this disappointed, but since it has 'French' in the name, then I expect good coffee and delicious pastries. Even the service was not French because the servers/cashiers I met in Paris were even friendlier...

• Visited July 2013