“Great but pricy”

Ranked #1 of 69 Dessert in Charlotte
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Open 24|7|365 Our flagship location Charlotte's historic NoDa Arts District. Full selection of pastry, savory and coffee. Private event spaces available. Free wifi.
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I recommend my out of town friends because it is 24 hours and very artsy but the bakery is pricy for the sizes of the food and drinks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,440)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I love Amelie's and am kind of addicted! I love coming here on a late night or anytime I need a sweet treat. I find myself craving Amelie's goodies! It is a must stop spot for Charlotte!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This 24 hour bakery has the right amount of character, unique variety of deserts, and coffee options to make the hard to please to return. The patrons are pleasant and friendly. My wife enjoy any Charlotte night cap here before returning home. Love it!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Apparently I came in at a bad time with my mother and sister because this place was PACKED. We stood off to the side and tried to look up at the board of prices and offerings only to get ordered to stand in line by one of the employees (very obviously not even trying to stand in line, just looking!), but since we knew we'd want something we got in line. Then, for the next ten minutes, we suffered through a woman who never took any orders because she was too busy screaming "DOES ANYONE JUST WANT COFFEE?!" over the heads of the line.

Finally, we get to the front and try to look over the offerings while the same guy who ordered us into line glares at us. I explained we'd never been and he rolled his eyes at me. Should have left, but we went ahead and got our pastries.

Worth it? No. My petite gateaux was soggy, as was my sister's cream horn. My mother got off lucky with a brownie. At least the flavors were good.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The portions are small, the food way over-priced, and not all that great. I got sick from eating the spinach/leek/asparagus cream soup. The pate sandwich had little pate, and the croissants were really terrible: tough and tasteless (did they forget the butter?) as opposed to light and flaky. I know good French food (lived in Paris) and this is not it.

1  Thank marcopolo1951