“Excellent for dessert”

Ranked #1 of 69 Dessert in Charlotte
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Open 24|7|365 Our flagship location Charlotte's historic NoDa Arts District. Full selection of pastry, savory and coffee. Private event spaces available. Free wifi.
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I've been to Amelie's many times, and the dessert is always amazing. I've had the Napolean, blackberry lemon torte, salted caramel brownie, various pastries, eclairs, etc. and ALL of them were good. That said, I have no idea how their sandwiches or other food is. This is a 24 hour bakery, but the line is somehow always long or relatively long, but it moves fairly quickly. I typically go after dinner around 9pm, and it's often hard to find a table. It can be done though! I would recommend going here for dessert!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,437)

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Have been to Amelie's several times - have had sandwiches, soups and desserts here.

I think I like Amelie's better for dessert and coffee than for a meal. My sandwiches were good, but my desserts and pastries were really good. I loved my coffee, too.

Amelie's is a fun place to go. Lots to explore.....quirkiness everywhere!! Many people go to hang-out for awhile - with computers, books, etc. Sometimes it is hard to find multiple seats together if you are in a group. But, keep looking - even into the inner courtyard.

Brownies (salted caramel) are DIVINE. Too many other good choices to remember, but I have sampled many different pastries and desserts at Amelie's and not been disappointed.

Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I had Lynn's Green Salad which was excellent and the Butternut Squash soup- divine!! All very reasonable.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I've been to Amelie's several times on different days of the week and at different times and this place never disappoints. The food and desserts are always great! The salty caramel brownie is my favorite and their macaroons are also very good. As far as food I've only had soups which are very nice and there are always lots of options.
They have free Wifi and lots of places to sit and chill. They also have outside seating.
Just a warning this place is always packed!!! But the line moves quick and the food is ready pretty fast too!
Enjoy!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

The food and coffee are great, but it is killed by the crowd and the enviornment. Tables are uncomfortable and close together. I get the diversity thing, but being surrounded by bums is not my idea of cool. The furniture and decor is not quaint nor interesting, it looks like someone made a trip to Goodwill. The neighborhood, parking and surroundings look decrepid and run-down. While the coffee is good, I'd want to enjoy it in a more relaxed and happy place.