“Incroyable!”

Ranked #1 of 76 Dessert in Charlotte
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Open 24|7|365 Our flagship location Charlotte's historic NoDa Arts District. Full selection of pastry, savory and coffee. Private event spaces available. Free wifi.
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I love French food, and this place reminded me why I love this style of food. I ordered a croque-monsieur. It was very heavenly when I tasted it. I felt as though as if I was in France. The sandwich had egg, guyere cheese, and ham. It was grilled perfectly. If you come to Charlotte, you must come here. Be warned though, this place so popular that the restaurant will have a long line, and it will be outside three restaurant. Fortunately, the restaurant isv opened 24/7. Wonderful!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed January 13, 2012

THis is a uniqe place and that has great food! The first time we went though we were disappointed but were glad we gave it a second try. On our fist visit we ordered Napoleon's cake and were very very disappointed because it was very dry and no flavor whatsoever. I have had some amazing authentic Napoleon's cake and this did not come close! We were extremely disappointed and did not want to come back ever again. But our friend insisted that we give it a second try and we did. Hence the high scores. On our second try we did not get any pastry but tried the soup of the day and a panini with a side of a french baguette and preserve. The baguette was amazing. It tasted just like in Paris! On our second time we absolutely loved the food and were very impressed!

Reviewed December 19, 2011

This is really the only good French bakery in Charlotte and they do a really good job overall. Their salted caramel brownie is superb, worth the trip alone. They also have the best twice baked chocolate croissants, to die for, however they rarely make that many. This seems to be one of the most popular items on the menu, yet they are usually out of them. They say they only use the left over chocolate croissants from the day before, so it is limited to that. As a business owner, wouldn't you just make extra chocolate croissants so you could make more of these extremely popular items??? I would have rated them excellent if they didn't have these shortages.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

I was on my way back to the Charlotte airport with about two hours to kill and found this place on TripAdvisor and thought I would give it a try. I'm glad I did. It is in the middle of a restored warehouse looking area with lots of quaint shops around. I arrived around 1:00 a.m. and it was full of college kids taking advantage of the free WIFI and a good place to study. The pastries were "out of this world" good, as was the various coffees. It is not a fancy place, just a place to feel comfortable and relax with good food and atmosphere.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We picked Amelie's because of the rave reviews. The decor lived up to our expectations, as did the food that we tried. Others have marked this a good place for children. We have young children (age 3 and 1) and we don't agree. We had breakfast sandwiches on perfect croissants. The coffee was excellent BUT it was served in paper cups...and not hot beverage paper cups--or possibly the cheapest hot beverage cups. I understand being frugal but the paper just didn't fit in with the rest of the place. Any coffee snob would agree that good coffee goes bad in paper, especially super soft paper cups. The tables are not kid-friendly and neither is the menu really. In order to really call Amelie's "kid-friendly" it would need child portions, more appropriate seating or the ability to accommodate child requests (like chocolate milk that isn't made with dark chocolate syrup that tastes bitter).

We will go back because it is great food and we want to try other items. The decor at this location is charming, the best we have experienced in a long time.