“Skip It. Terrible Experience.”
Review of Villa Francesca - CLOSED

Villa Francesca
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: First Ward
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Skip It. Terrible Experience.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I do not usually give harsh reviews. Even if the food and service are so-so, I try to find something positive to say. In this case, the only positive experience of the evening was our exit. Some friends had invited us out for an Italian dinner near uptown Charlotte. They had a Groupon offer they had purchased and wanted to go to Villa Francesca. The first thing I noticed when we arrived was a sign posted on the entrance saying they no longer accepted Groupon or Living Social coupons.

Upon entering the restaurant I had to wait several minutes for someone to greet me. I went in first by myself to ask about parking. The appropriate place to park for the restaurant was not clearly marked. After being told where I could park, we entered the main sitting area of the restaurant which smelled like a wet mop. The old mop smell was so bad it over took any of the food smell.

It went downhill from there. The waitress didn’t know how to open the wine. She did not explain any specials. We ordered mozzarella cheese as an appetizer. It came to the table before the complimentary bread and oil. Our Caesar Salad was drenched in dressing to the point the lettuce was soggy, while the other couples salad came with no dressing. We made it clear my wife and I were sharing an entrée but no extra plate was brought with our meal. The other couple got one plate of food and then we had to ask about the meal they ordered for the person. She finally got her food after we had all finished.

Overall our experience at Villa Francesca was terrible. I will not go back and I suggest you pass on it if invited.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Alan_McWhirter

Marysville
“Two Good Dinners”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Good service and good food. We had pizza and lasagna and tiramisu and it was all good. There was also ample parking.

Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I stopped by for dinner last week. We had a Living Social voucher that we had bought based on the reviews.

This is a great neighborhood restaurant with both inside and outside seating. We found the service to be excellent, and the food was also excellent. My wife had the meatball Parmesan, and I had eggplant rolatini. We also had the house soup, and enjoyed that as well.

We will definitely go back.

Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“All that staff... food cant get out of the kitchen”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We try this restaurant when a Living Social deal or Charlotte Observer deal comes out..but we are done trying. Each time, the server is more than nice explaining that our food wont be on time and food is backed up in the kitchen- but wow! Last night, we ordered salads and pizza together and when we were done with the salads the server explained that the kitchen had a large to go order and it would be 15-20 min. really? We didn't see any large orders come out but we saw 4 chefs at the pizza ovens and more than enough staff walking around doing sidework. Oh, and I was glad the server that was at the bar "hanging out" wasn't ours... Our server was great but they just cant get the food out of the kitchen in any sort of time..

• Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Won't do it again! Very unimpressed”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I usually like to try new places
But wasn't really impressed with HURRIED server!
Subpar food though not bad but not worth 20$+ plates
And ambience is just ok
But the outside of the restaurant will really scare you at first but not bad inside...

I don't think I will go again but I don't usually regret trying nww places. .

my 2 cents
you can probably spend 1/2 and eat better at a lot better restaurant!

Thanks