“Casual Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: First Ward
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The parking situation can be a bit difficult so beware where you park. The menu is varied, pizza to calzones to regular entrees. I thought it was good food for the price, especially compared to some of the pricier restaurants in uptown. Family friendly. The chocolate cake is HUGE - split it.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband & I have been to Villa Francesca twice within the last two months. The first visit was on 2/14/2013, and our second visit was on 4/4/2013. On both occasions we were very impressed with the food - the calamari, veal, lasagna, egg plant parmesan, spaghetti & meatballs, mama's pizza pie were all excellent.
After our first visit we were a little concerned about the customer service...
However, our first visit was on Valentine's Day and therefore it was extremely busy. Our waiter was also the bartender and he was in high demand the entire time we were there. He had little time to be attentive but he made a honest effort to be sure we had what we needed.
On our second visit it was far less busy and the customer service was great. We were greeted warmly by a waitress when were arrived. Our waitress was very personable and made us feel very welcomed.
Overall both experiences were positive and we will be returning.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Went here on a recommendation from Holiday Inn, downtown Charlotte.
Restaurant very busy, we saw one server for close to 14 tables on arrival
and from that point on we should have left.
We ordered Calamari for an appetizer, so tough we had to return it, then
the red wine was oxidized so had to be returned.
My Shrimp Francesca was excellent but my husband's penne pasta,a specialty,so overcooked
he did not eat much.
The place was busy with obviously very happy returning customers so I will not be too negative on a 1 time visit.
However, I would not return.
One point, and I am not familiar with liquor laws in NC, but I am not used to someone,under age,serving alcohol
with no knowledge of the products.

1  Thank maritimegirl45
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Another great visit to Villa Francesca. A great place before a Checkers game. Family friendly. The service is great - the wait staff is very knowledgeable. As within any cooked from scratch restaurant, it will take a bit longer to get your food than a chain restaurant. We love it here and try to visit regularly. The menu selection and prices are are reasonable and the Italian food is really the best we have found in Charlotte.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Delicious food right near TWC Arena -- well-priced, generous portions, flavorful. Whether you crave pizza or a pasta, you won't be disappointed. Ask for a 1/2 portion of the gorgonzola salad, great appetizer. Good for a date or out with family.