“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Francesca

Villa Francesca
Ranked #1,499 of 2,352 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: First Ward
Frederiksted, St. Croix
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were just passing through Charlotte and wanted to see downtown. Easy parking and access made this restaurant a perfect choice. What a great restaurant! Such variety of menu! Lobster ravioli I devoured. Kids loved their calzones. James was a fantastic waiter, very friendly. Only disappointment was that they didn't have the gorgonzola cheese that was on the menu for a salad. But great food for a great price. Great ambiance. Much better than some drone chain Italian restaurant somewhere in Suburbistan, USA. Loved the placemats too; got to learn a little Italian! This is what a restaurant should be! BRAVO!

• Visited June 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Delicious Italian at a Good Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

We came here with teens and their parents when in town for a swim meet. Everyone enjoyed their meal greatly. A group from another team sat near us and had the same rave review. Portions are substantial and the marinara sauce was bursting with sweet herbed flavor. We started with salads and my only complaint was that the balsamic dressing was just vinegar and oil in a cup. Garlic knots are a must and one serving took care of the six of us. This is a definite recommendation.

“Pizza, pizza,pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Some of the best pizza I have ever had. The meat lovers is to die for.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

There is a lot to like about this place. We mainly go to this place when we head to Time Warner Arena and Children's Theatre events. It is convenient for us because we are able to park nearby and enjoy a hassle-free dinner. The service is incredible. The wait staff are friendly and always quick to take your drink order when you are seated, which I absolutely love because it immediately comforts you. The food is outstanding as well. Firstly, they bring out complimentary olive oil and warm marinara sauce for the bread. The bread is fantastic. Also, the appetizers such as calamari and garlic knots are wonderful sharing dishes for a family of four or larger groups. My daughters loved the different varieties of pizza. It is primarily thin crust NY style pizza with a light tomato sauce. My favorite dish there is the penne with sausage and broccoli rabe. It is out of this world. It is drizzled in olive oil, garlic, and spices. I have had the rigatoni with bolognese sauce that is thick and hearty, which is my style. Also, the linguini vongole is superb. The clam sauce is well done and very light . We will be back there next time we are headed to Time Warner Arena.

• Visited December 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Great Italian - like you'd find in upstate NY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

I'm from Syracuse/Utica, NY and while there isn't much to write home about that area, the Italian food is amazing. Since moving to Charlotte, which I love, I hadn't been able to find an Italian restaurant with a sauce like home - Villa Francesca is it! The Chicken Parm, pizza and each pasta dish we've had has been amazing. The service has made me feel like home, top notch! You will not regret checking out this place :)

• Visited October 2011

Been to Villa Francesca? Share your experiences!