“A taste of NC on a layover”

Brookwood Farms BBQ
Ranked #128 of 2,448 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Good food! Had the pulled pork, DH had the brisket. Tangy Carolina style, decent sides (slide down the line to see healthier options like cuke salad and broccoli salad). A little pricy, but hey, it's an airport. Service was fast but a little brusque.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Had breakfast here with a business associate while waiting to catch our flight. Decent food but nothing extraordinary. The “Breakfast Sunrise” was $7.29 and came with either bacon or sausage and homemade fries. The fries were a bit boring.

1  Thank WorldTravelers34
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Just getting from an afternoon of flying, and looking for regional food. Pleasantly surprised by the taste of the pork BBQ. Had a beer and then discovered this I guess regional item, a deep fried pickle, or was it soemthing else? Really added a tang to the food. So glad to have found the place.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Always running thru the CLT airport for connecting flights but this time I got some time to eat at the airport. I want something special to make my overlay worthwhile and memorable, something that's hard to get around where I live in the Midwest. Then I saw this BBQ pit stop in the middle of the terminals. I got to try it since I am in Carolina and I did with no regret! Delicious pork BBQ sandwich with a fixing of my choice. It also came with a fried pickle and some coleslaw. Plenty if food to keep me full for 5 hours till I get home. It is not just the food, I can feel the hospitality of Carolina thru the hearty meal with just around $8, not bad at all for airport overpriced food. I was going to get a tiny sandwich that's equal price but I surely glad I got the pork BBQ sandwich from here!

1  Thank chicago888
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Wow, really nice southern food. This fastfood bbq chicken would beat many restaraunts! Slow and low, great sauces, deep fried pickles, sweet potato pie amd corn bread - really stands out from typical airport food. Highly recommended!