This was our first stay at a Drury Inn, a choice based on a recommendation from the Canadian Snowbird Association magazine. The suite was very comfortable, with a 37 inch flat screen TV in the bedroom and another in the sitting room. Microwave and bar fridge available, as was a hair dryer and complimentary coffee for the provided in-room coffee brewer. One of the things that attracted us to the location is that they accept small dogs, although there is a $10 additional fee for the dogs. A specific dog-walking area is provided, complete with a supply of stoop 'n scoop bags.
There is a nice swimming pool, partially indoors and partially outdoors, set up so you move from one area to the other by swimming under a defining wall. Nice outdoor seating area around the pool. There is a hot tub adjacent to the indoor portion, with seating in the area. An exercise room is also available.
Friendly and helpful staff throughout our contact with them.
We arrived in time for the complimentary dinner service and we took advantage of this fact. The logistics are a bit tricky with 2 dogs in tow since it was too hot to leave them in the car and of course they should never be left alone in the room. They allow you to take your food from the buffet to your room, so one trip each took care of that. The buffet offering was quite acceptable, including hot dogs and chicken tenders, baked potato and a number of other addons. It also included 2 free alcoholic beverages each; these seemed to mostly be a selection of wines, although with the logistics of carrying things back to the room we ended up giving the bar tickets to someone else.
We returned to the dining area in the morning, this time having left the dogs in the car, and found an excellent selection of both hot items and 7 different kinds of cold cereal along with orange juice, apple juice and hot waffles.
The beds were clean and comfortable, the room was clean, 4 pillows on each bed, a functioning heating system, and we did not hear any noise from other rooms at any time.
While a bit pricy, the complimentary meals help offset that concern.
We will likely be return customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake is conveniently located off I-77 and I-485. This north central suburb is close to Lake Norman and only 15 minutes from downtown Charlotte attractions like Bank of America Stadium. In addition to free hot breakfast every morning, we serve free hot food and cold beverages every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Charlotte Northlake
- Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake Hotel Charlotte
- Drury Inn Charlotte