“Met our expectations...”

Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #5 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This Drury Inn works for us: the staff is friendly, the suite is big, and the place is pet-friendly. Parking is convenient, food and beverage service is simple but adequate, and everything in the room works the way it's supposed to work. An honest, straightforward hotel that's a decent value.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This hotel is across the street from the mall. It is within walking distance and close to several restaurants. It is about 15 to 20 minutes to the downtown area. The hotel is dog friendly and pet fees are cheaper than any I've seen. The staff are very friendly and go out the way to make you feel at home. The rooms are clean and dinner each evening is a plus if you don't feel like going out or trying to cut costs during your stay. Love this hotel.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Though we had a few bumps (no fresh towels or maid service during our two day stay) the front desk was so friendly and nice, and professional, it made us feel welcomed! The popcorn in the afternoon was a cute treat. There is free food and drinks in the evening and breakfast. It is free. It was fine. The location next to a mall and movie theater was handy. I was pleased and the Drury Inn exceeded my expectations. Loved sitting in my recliner in the room too!

Room Tip: We liked the sixth floor just fine!
1  Thank KellyRedMom
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that our front desk team provided you with exceptional service. However, I apologize for the housekeeping concerns you had during your stay. It is always very helpful for us to hear from our guests because it helps us identify and address concerns with our team to make the appropriate changes. We thank you for your comments and time and hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here because of the rating on Trip Advisor, and this is the first time that I felt the rating was not justified. First, the location is not anywhere near the I-85 exit in Charlotte. It is over 5 miles from the exit. The only plus is that it is located near a mall. They did offer free snacks, evening drinks and nibbles, and breakfast, but it was not anything special. The room was just average. The towels in the bathroom were thin and rough, but one thing that I was very disappointed in was the lack of selection of newspapers. Usually, a hotel has the USA Today and at least the local paper. When I approached the newspapers, I saw 4 stacks, but found out that the USA Today was separated into the front page, sports, life, and money sections. I had never seen this done before. In the morning I checked the papers again, and sure enough there were the sections separated again. I do not know how this hotel is rated so highly, but I would suggest you skip this hotel.

2  Thank Jennie J
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests and I sincerely apologize that you were not 100% satisfied. Our hotel is conveniently located off I-77 and we would like to apologize for any incorrect information you may have received. Your issues have been addressed with our staff so we make appropriate changes.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have you as our guest again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here based solely on the reviews on TripAdvisor. I had stayed at a Drury Inn several years ago and had a nice experience. I do not know if my memory is foggy or if the hotel has just changed a lot, but this time was a major letdown. To be perfectly honest, I can not think of many reasons why anyone would stay here.
Positives:
Cost-inexpensive
Close to the mall
Free light dinner with an adult beverage
Free breakfast
All of these things seem like I should give it a great review, however lets look more closely

Negatives
Room was dull, uncomfortable towels, it just looked cheap.
Light dinner was horrid. It reminded me of what I would have gotten to eat for my roommates and myself when I was in college.
Breakfast- was slightly better than dinner, but not by much. I honestly think that the breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express was better.

I think that the reason that the hotel is rated so highly is due to the free food selection. However, what you get is simply not worth the money. This hotel was so bad, that if the next hotel I choose based on TripAdvisor fails, I might have to stop reading reviews online. Yes, it was that bad.

1  Thank Anne J
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. We are happy to hear that a part of your stay was positive, but sincerely apologize for the “negatives” you experienced. Your concerns have been addressed with housekeeping as well as our food & beverage department so we may correct the problems.

It is our mission to ensure our guests enjoy a satisfying and clean stay and your comments will help us work to achieve these goals. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have stayed at Drury Inns before for business, but this time we were there more for family fun. Location is convenient for North Charlotte area, I-77 Corridor and fairly easy access to I-85 and I-485. For this trip, it is also convenient to the Loch Norman Highland Games. Given our daughter is a competitive dancer and we were mostly in town for the games and little else, it works, but this is not particularly close to attractions like the US Whitewater Center or downtown entertainment district. Desk staff is very friendly and ready to help. Rooms and rest of the hotel are clean. The buffet is decent, but not spectacular, and it crowds easily. And the evening "happy hour" is, of course, nice to offer, but one could certainly hope for a few more selections in the beer and liquor categories. There are several eating establishments within a few minutes ride, and the mall is an easy walk, so keep this one in mind if it is convenient to where you want to be; it's just not a destination.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel and they had excellent staff all around and good southern hospitality. I can see why they had all the awards sitting on their check in counter. From the moment of check in till we said good bye it was a wonderful experience and will go their again next year. We went for a highland games and the location was just minutes from the site. Lots from the games stay their so we got to enjoy the time getting to know the highland community as well in their nice sitting area, breakfast and the pool. Thumbs up Drury!

Room Tip: Suites and standard rooms available - ask for Sunday rates for multiple night stays over a full week...