“Very easy to find and excellent service”

Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #6 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I were in town for a short visit. We couldn't have picked a better place. The location is perfect, you have plenty of options within walking distance. It's close enough to down town Charlotte.

The staff were very friendly and the services were great. The breakfast is great. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel was an easy find on the drive south, yet close enough to facilitate visiting the city centre the next morning. We appreciated the convenience of the adjacent mall. However, what was most welcome to we hungry travellers after a late evening drive were the nearby chain restaurants, notably TGIF. The welcome, room, facilities, and breakfast were A1 but what REALLY set this hotel apart was the free long-distance telephones... even to Canada.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

First stay at a Drury. The property is located on the ring road of a nice shopping center with Macy's, Dillards, Dick's, and Belk as anchors. I typically stay at Hilton Garden or Marriott brands. Drury is comparable but has a few pluses. Online reservations were a snap. Website is intuitive. On arrival I was promptly greeted by a smiling face and a cheery "Welcome" (every time I entered the property I was greeted). Check-in was quick and included a description of amenities when I told them it was my first stay. Two-night stay. The rooms are well appointed and VERY clean. Good smells and crisp sheets. The bedding was very comfortable. They have an indoor pool as well as a small, basic fitness room. They have "hot food" and free drinks in the evening. Food service area is well maintained and clean. There was soup, salad, nachos, and hot dogs available both nights. The entree' the first night was lightly breaded chicken tenders and the second night penne with meatballs in marinara. The entree's and soup were surprising good. Salad was standard bag salad but the hot dogs were 1/4 pounders. All in all a GREAT value. From 5 pm to 10 pm they have a popcorn maker going that makes movie quality fresh popcorn and soft drinks and coffee were available throughout the day. I will book Drury Inns when they are in my destination city. Nicely done Drury!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave75714
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is located just outside Northlake Mall. There are lots of dining options nearby. The room was large, clean and quiet. Good breakfast with lots of options. The only drawback is if mall traffic is backed up coming in or going out, you need to sit in it to move around unless you're walking.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Imzpickle
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I usually stay at 5 star properties, but we were at a family event in Charlotte, with the Drury Inn as the designated hotel. My husband and I were so pleasantly surprised by the helpful friendly staff as they greeted us, and told us about the many amenities. Check-in took less than 3 minutes, and our guest suite was roomy and comfortable with free wi-fi no less (wow, you don't get that with upscale properties - go figure). The "snacks" at 5:30 came with free drinks, and could have even been dinner if we didn't have a scheduled event. Breakfast was hot and fresh, plenty for all of us. I guess the only thing missing was a robe and slippers, but I'll forgo that in lieu of all the other accoutrements. I noticed a favorite scarf missing when I got to the airport, called the hotel and the staff bent over backwards trying to find it in the room we just vacated. I hope I didn't make them too crazy, as I did find it later in my belongings (I called them back - they were so gracious about it!) I would go back again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank love2flyred
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very happy with our stay here! The employees were friendly and helpful. Hotel very clean and nicely decorated. Our room (oversize king) was a perfect size for the two of us and our big dog - loved that it had a comfortably-sized sitting/tv room! Mall, restaurants, and plenty of other shopping adjacent to hotel. Also - it seemed like the room might have had an instant water heater - never had to wait for the water to warm up. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HawaiianHercules
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay, nice family and pet friendly hotel. Enjoyed the pool, greetings as we entered everyone, 5:30, perks were great end to a long day of cheer competitions. Will stay again and again with Drury.

• Stayed: January 2013