WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake

Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #5 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Sterling, Virginia
“Good location, price, quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is located just outside Northlake Mall. There are lots of dining options nearby. The room was large, clean and quiet. Good breakfast with lots of options. The only drawback is if mall traffic is backed up coming in or going out, you need to sit in it to move around unless you're walking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Imzpickle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I usually stay at 5 star properties, but we were at a family event in Charlotte, with the Drury Inn as the designated hotel. My husband and I were so pleasantly surprised by the helpful friendly staff as they greeted us, and told us about the many amenities. Check-in took less than 3 minutes, and our guest suite was roomy and comfortable with free wi-fi no less (wow, you don't get that with upscale properties - go figure). The "snacks" at 5:30 came with free drinks, and could have even been dinner if we didn't have a scheduled event. Breakfast was hot and fresh, plenty for all of us. I guess the only thing missing was a robe and slippers, but I'll forgo that in lieu of all the other accoutrements. I noticed a favorite scarf missing when I got to the airport, called the hotel and the staff bent over backwards trying to find it in the room we just vacated. I hope I didn't make them too crazy, as I did find it later in my belongings (I called them back - they were so gracious about it!) I would go back again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank love2flyred
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very happy with our stay here! The employees were friendly and helpful. Hotel very clean and nicely decorated. Our room (oversize king) was a perfect size for the two of us and our big dog - loved that it had a comfortably-sized sitting/tv room! Mall, restaurants, and plenty of other shopping adjacent to hotel. Also - it seemed like the room might have had an instant water heater - never had to wait for the water to warm up. Would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HawaiianHercules
McCook, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay, nice family and pet friendly hotel. Enjoyed the pool, greetings as we entered everyone, 5:30, perks were great end to a long day of cheer competitions. Will stay again and again with Drury.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank vawildcheermom
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times, in travelling to one of our offices is nearby. The fact that is adjacent to a mall, right off 77, and near several places to eat is a big plus. In addition the rates are very reasonable, and the staff is very friendly. Not to mention the free snacks/drinks available, as well.

Room Tip: Book early. Rooms away from elevators are less noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Planning a trip with a large dog can be a challenge, so when I spotted the Drury Inn, who take pets with no fee, I snapped up a room. when we arrived, we were blown away by the over the top (in a good way) friendly staff - my family doesn't greet me as warmly. we'd arrived just before the end of the dinner snack, but the staff took us over to make sure we could grab some food and (free) drinks before they shut down. We were amazed out how nice our room (king suite) was - huge, comfortable, clean and cozy. The dinner "snack" turned into our dinner, saving us going out after a 7 hour drive. The breakfast was great, plentiful and delicious. There were many dogs of all sizes, and no problems with any. We wished we could have stayed longer, but had to hit the road. we'll be looking for other Drury Inns for our trip home, and hopefully have as great a time.

Room Tip: The elevators seemed slow, and the stairs couldn't be found, so i'd try for a lower floor if...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Todd S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. In the Northgate mall parking lot. Hotel is clean and well organized. The free snacks are good and plentiful. What truly sets this apart is the staff. I stay over 90 nights a year in hotels and this hotel has the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever run across. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013