“Nice Hotel Clean Hotel Great Staff”

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Ranked #67 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice Hotel Clean Hotel Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel becasue we were attending a class at the hotel and knew it would be convenient. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very nice. There are restaurants in the area that are nice but a little costly. You do need a car if you want to drive around. There is a bus stop very close that takes you to the high speed rail into uptown/downtown Charlotte and makes stops along the way-the hours are limited and this route is the only place you can go without a car. You can walk to the restaurants in the area. There are no pharmacies, coffee shops or grocery stores in walking distance. There is a fantastic natural foods market in walking distance. We did not find any good pizza in the area and no "fun things" to do. The hotel does have an indoor pool and an exercise room that looks very nice. The hotel is in a very pretty area. I understand that more stores and restaurants maybe coming to the area soon.

Room Tip: Elevators, very nice "free breakfast"-taxi from the airport was $50.00
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank N A
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear N A,

Thank you for your feedback via the TripAdvisor website. We strive to keep a clean and well maintained facility. Our staff's number one priority is our guest. We want each guest to have a great experience, whether it be your first stay with us or you are a returning guest, our staff service will always be the same. I will use your feedback during all staff meetings to let our staff know what a great job they are doing and also to let them know of area's in which we can improve. Once again thank you for your patronage and if you are ever back in this area again please don't hesitate to call us for your lodging needs.

Tyrekus Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Kingsville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here for business and was impressed at the unique room layout and how clean and new everything appeared. Pro's for this place are a very comfortable bed & pillows, large TV, comfortable chair to sit in while working at the desk in the room, free breakfast with very palatable food, free & reliable WiFi, free newspapers in the lobby, separate shower/sink from toilet and no ugly rugs on the main floor. Minor Con's -- bar was not open on Sunday evening and the heating/AC unit in my room was a little louder than what I am accustomed to. Another minor thing was that the hotel was so clean, that the smell of the materials used to clean the floors was a little over-powering but I think that was perhaps due to the timing of my arrival coincided with the completion of the floors being cleaned. But I'm not complaining about a clean facility!! The hotel is within walking distance of multiple fine restaurants as well as an organic foods super market. The access to the property requires making u-turns, sometimes, but the parking lot is well-maintained and lit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AnnMarie030
Dear AnnMarie030,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review of our hotel. We really try to insure that every guest has an enjoyable problem free stay. We also pride ourselves on clean spacious rooms as well as our staff service for each guest experience. The key to any successfull hotel is the staff. If you are ever in the area again please consider us on your future stays. Kindest Regards
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I am surprised at how low this hotel is rated. I travel a lot, and this has to be one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. I'm more of a "W Hotel" fan, and this hotel was akin to that experience, but at a fraction of the price.

This is a NEW hotel, and you can tell. Everything is up-to-date and beautiful. The decor is "W" like, and so is the hip bar. Even the elevators run as if they were just installed the day before.

It's in the most posh and nice area of Charlotte, Ballantyne, and right across some great places to eat (walking distance, unless you're ill/using a cane/walker/etc). Mellow Mushroom less than a 5 minute walk = awesome. Hello vegan pizza! :)

The rooms are gigantic, and I even got a separate den in my room for no extra cost. Speaking of the price, I got a room for $101 dollars, while the Aloft a few minutes away by car was asking for $200+! F that. I like the fact that the toilet and shower are separated in the room. I don't know why other reviewers dislike that. Maybe they like to take a dump next to where they shower. Me, being a germophobe, prefer this set up. I wish more hotels had this.

Wi-Fi is free and high-speed. Great for downloading. Test it yourself using the speedtest site.

On top of everything else is the friendly service. I got in after 10:30pm at night, and the lady who welcomed me made me feel like I was at home. She made me laugh and comforted me after a long drive from NYC. I forget her name, but whoever works the night shift is awesome!

I even joined the Marriott Rewards because of my great experience here. I never heard of SpringHill Suites before: I will look for them in other cities now.

I will be back SpringHill Suites. Hopefully with a girl next time! It's definitely perfect for a Romantic getaway without breaking the bank. I'm glad I staked it out on my own first.

p.s.: Attached some pics. The mess is all mine: tossed around clothes of a bachelor, lol.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank CanadianTimelord
Dear Canadian Timelord,

Thank you for taking to the time to render a review of my hotel on the TripAdvisor website. It seems that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Your review of our hotel will be used during staff meetings to show our associates what a great job they do. Our staff members strive to keep our facility clean and well maintained for all of our guest on a daily basis. If you are ever in the area again please do not hesitate to give us a call to book your lodging needs.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend with my boyfriend and could not have been more pleased. I am a hotel snob and had never heard of SpringHill Suites...I was pleasantly surprised! The space was clean and modern with more than enough room for two (very tall) people. Loved the "separate" living room and kitchen area, and was pleasantly surprised by the free breakfast - lots of choices!
I thought I would miss having an in house restaurant but honestly I didn't and was grateful not to have the insane room service bill at the end of our stay.

But the best thing about this hotel is the staff. I was hosting a surprise birthday dinner for the boyfriend and needed a place to put together the party favors that I had shipped down to Charlotte...all without him finding out. Bianca at the front desk was so helpful - when i asked if there was a private business center she generously offered use of the hotel office to coordinate the favors (and make a big mess - sorry Bianca!). She even found a local Party City so I could grab some balloons on the way to the restaurant. Both she and her colleagues were so friendly and accommodating, they made the entire stay feel very personal. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie D
Dear Stephanie D,

Thank you for your review via the TripAdvisor website. I will pass your kind words along to Bianca and also let her know how much you appreciated her help. If you are ever in the area again please don't hesitate to call us for your future lodging needs. We really appreciate your patronage.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed overnight here and was very pleased. The staff was very pleasant and upbeat from the front desk to the maintenance staff. They actually make eye contact with you and speak - even when just passing in the hallway. What a refreshing change. The room was comfortable and had plenty of space. I found the concept of the separate toilet area from the bath novel and well thought out. I greatly enjoyed being able to sit in the bar area and relax with a cocktail while waiting for colleagues to arrive.

The location is wonderful. It's convenient to everything and the freeway is "right there" so you can quickly get into downtown Charlotte or where ever else you might need to go. The staff is also very knowledgeable about dining in the area and has great recommendations if you are at a loss of where to go for a meal.

Aside from a somewhat disappointing breakfast (I found the egg discs and turkey sausage rubbery and inedible - thank goodness they also had cereal and yogurt), my only other comment would be an improvement on the room design. I was travelling with another person and while she was showering, I was trying to dry my hair in the toilet room. The mirrors were not large enough to be useful - one of the two mirrors needs to have about another 12 inches and it would be perfect. I should think that a second 12" mirror panel could be easily hung.

I would recommend this place to anybody. The rates are very reasonable, the hotel is clean and comfortable and the service is top notch. Just remember that you can always get breakfast somewhere else!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WGSnaffles
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear WGSnaffles,

Thank you for your feedback via the Tripadvisor website. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We always try to ensure that each guest has a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us here at the SpringHill Suites Ballantyne. We thrive on great customer service and I was delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. On your next trip to the Charlotte area please consider the SpringHill Suites Ballantyne for your lodging needs.

Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Booked this hotel while wife and I attended the SES Christian Apologetics conference. Three days stay. Booked a king bed, but got a double queen. Did not complain, as we were tired after long driving trip. Hotel is away from the maddening crowd, quiet and near several restaurants. Room was large, nice desk, and sitting room. Clean and well kept. WIFI work well, although I had some issues establishing VPN connections. Toilet is separate room from shower, which was nice. Breakfast was adequate, hot and plenty to eat. They had a bar on site, but did not partake. Seemed friendly. Did not use fitness room or pool. Parking is good, off street and large. Access is a bit odd, but blame NCDOT not Marriott. No problems, loud guests, or the like. Not much interaction with staff, since all went swimmingly. Recommend to all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hobnail
Dear Hobnail,

I would like to take this oppourtunity to first thank you for your feedback via the Tripadvisor Website. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend our property to all. We all know that word of mouth is all ways the best marketing for any business and I really appreciate your efforts when speaking with other potential guests. If you are ever in the Charlotte area again please let us accomodate your lodging needs.

Tyrekus Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
#35 of 177 in Charlotte
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville

Been to SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area? Share your experiences!