“Clean, Friendly and Very Accommodating!”

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Ranked #68 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our stay for a Family and Friend Birthday Celebration Weekend worked out perfectly. The rooms were large enough to accommodate everyone. We were also all placed on the same floor not too far away which made it even more convenient. Children enjoyed pool, which also has a nice small outside patio. Staff were very courteous and helpful! Children also enjoyed selecting their own breakfast in the morning. Location worked out great for all of us also!

Room Tip: Shower and toilet area's have sliding glass door's. You can't see in them, however, it...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Candy T
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Candy T,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review of our hotel. We really try to insure that every guest has an enjoyable problem free stay. We also pride ourselves on clean spacious rooms as well as our complimenatary breakfast. Thank you for your kind words about our staff as well. The key to any successfull hotel is the staff. If you are ever in the area again please consider us on your future stays. Kindest Regards

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I usually stay in Residence Inns but stayed here because it was close to an appointment I had while in the area. The rooms are very clean and nicely appointed. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The manager helped take care of some concerns we had during our stay.

Great location, Nice indoor pool ( small but nice). I liked that hey had pool towels available for you. Nice Lobby and good breakfast.

My only complaint besides them not having a pack and play that was confirmed before our arrival was that they do not put trash bags in their trash cans. I called the front desk to inquire about this and they stated " we are trying to be a green hotel, we have some trash bags if you would like them." ...here are my thoughts: I like that this hotel is trying to be more green, but no trash bags? When you travel with kids that can be kind of gross...I mean who wants to throw a dirty diaper in a trash can with no bags? I think that they should try to be more "Green" in other ways like providing recycle trash cans in the room or lobby, or getting rid of all the plastic bottle samples in the bathroom, or better yet get rid of the individually wrapped coffee packets in the room....I mean they do offer a free breakfast with coffee. Not having trash bags seems like a way for corporate to save money, not be more green. Nice way of saying that they are trying to save money.....

The best thing they can do to be more green is get some recycle bins...

You will be pleased with your stay....just bring trash bags or make sure to ask for them up front.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the busy street. Ask for trash bags
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear scnursemyrtlebeach,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to render your feedback of your stay with us. I welcome all feedback. I will use your feedback when approaching our corporate staff on our Recycle program. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and if we can be of any service to you in the near future please don't hesitate to call on us. Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites Ballantyne Area.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I am a Hilton honors diamond member. I chose this hotel on the advice of a friend and was not disappointed. Very clean nicely appointed rooms. Separate toilet from the shower area, big comfortable sectional couch in sitting area. Service was outstanding and very close to all of the activities of South Charlotte.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Goliathn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed here one night prior to catching my flight. Hotel was clean and modern. Room was spacious with comfortable beds. Liked that the toilet was separate with its own sink. Desk area provided plenty of space and outlets everywhere to charge electronics. Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. Business area was modern and computers were fast. During my stay I observed hotel staff constantly cleaning. Breakfast was a nice touch. Great value and location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank YBNJ

Dear YBNJ

Thank you for taking the time to render your feedback on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your feedback and respect that you have the choice when choosing your hotel accomodations. We pride ourselves on having a clean facility and most of all staff members who truly care about each guest's experience. Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Ballantyne Area.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Checked in late with a friend arriving early. The manager allowed my family member to get into our room early even though not on the reservation officially. Wonderful service by manager since I was delayed at airport. The manager remembered it was my birthday and greeted me the following day as well. Very friendly and attentive staff, easy to access from highway, lots of shops and stores around, and very very CLEAN.
Can recommend for a variety of travel types.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank veffekt
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear veffekt,

I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thanks for your feedback. Here at the SpringHill Suites we understand that you have a choice when choosing your hotel and lodging accomodations. Thats why we take pride in making sure that each guest has a friendly staff enviornment, Clean rooms, and a problem free stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and I hope you choose us on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom layout is interesting with the toilet separate from the shower. A nice touch. There was plenty of desk space and a comfortable desk chair for working. I spent many hours during my stay working at the desk and everything was comfortable. The microwave was also very convenient along with the fridge and coffee pot. As a business traveler, it was nice to see that wifi access was included in the price and the speed was sufficient for all I needed to do. Other chains can learn that including wifi in the hotel room cost is a must these days. The only negative was that the included buffet breakfast was not the best...sufficient and ok but certainly not something to write home about. There were plenty of restaurants and places to shop within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out was quick and efficient, and I had no problem extending my checkout time. Although when I returned from my meeting, they were already cleaning my room before I had checked out...I think there may have been some communication issues between the front desk and cleaning staff. Overall, my stay was pleasant and comfortable and would recommend this hotel to other business travelers.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room away from the elevators and the main street that runs along side t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ed M
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Mr. Ed M,

I would like to take this moment to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Our main goal is to insure that each guest has an enjoyable stay and as a business traveler, to make sure that you have everything you need to keep your normal routine. Thank you for such kind words and also for the constructive feedback about our breakfast. This feedback will be used during our departmental meetings. Currently SpringHill Suites as a brand will be rolling out a new breakfast later this month so hopefully this will take care of some of the needs of our future guests. Your feedback is truly appreciated and we look forward to your next stay with us. Thank so much for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Ballanytne Area.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel Juan who checked us in greeted us with a small and check in took a few minutes. He told me that Lincare had delivery my equipment. The room we receivec 234 was dirty. They had just made up the bed, did not clean the bathroom and dirty towels was left all over the bathroom floor. The cleaning crew needs a lot of directions on how to clean. Juan at the front desk immedicately moved us to another room. The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was nice, waffles, eggs, sauage, cereal ,fruit, yogourt, bagels,toast, oatmeal. Juice, Coffee, Teac and hot choclolate. The staff keep the area clean and the bar well plenished.

We would come back and stay in a heart beat.

Thank you Juan and kitchen staff for making our stay relaxing and peaceful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hurt65

Dear Hurt65

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review my hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be used during department trainings. We understand that you have a choice when it comes down to your hotel accomodations and feel honored that you chose the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Ballantyne Area. If you are ever in the area again please consider us when booking your hotel accomodations. Once again, Thank you.