SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
  • Room Service
$129
$139
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$104
$88
All reviewsseparate toiletwater closetsitting areafront deskdesk arearoom designpocket doornice hotelfree breakfast isrefrigerator and microwaveparking lot ischeck in was quick and easyexercise roomrestaurants and shopsrooms were very cleanstayed nightsindoor pool
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here for a night with the family before we dropped off the kids for summer camp. Worked great for the purpose. Place looks more like a W than a marriott. Clean comfortable and large enough for 4. Great breakfast! The only issue I had was the hotel was around 100 the night we stayed. I was going to stay an extra night for business but the price doubled and so I moved to the Hampton and exit away.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ross S
Reviewed June 23, 2012

In Charlotte for 3 nights for business. Perfect hotel for business travelers (not downtown). Great rooms (request king, high floor away from elevator) 2 LG TVs, iPhone charger bedside, desk, plenty of plugs for charging, microwave, refrig, etc.. Bath is modern, nice amenities, no lotion.

Standard free breakfast of coffee, juices, cereals, muffins, fruit etc.. Nice bar area with 2 TV's, plenty of seating. Open business center for plenty. Dining and shopping within walking distance.

20 min cab ride to/from airport. Make return to airport cab reservation night before as there are only 2 local cabs. Yellow cab has to drive in from downtown CLT or airport.

All in all a great stay! I will be back.

Room Tip: High floors, away from elevator and ice machine. Be sure to emphasize your Marriott status at front desk.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 60isthenew40
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel, but it was recommended by another associate within our company. It was everything he described it to be; close to restaurants and stores, clean, and roomy. I was very pleased with my stay and would certainly recommend this hotel. It is just outside of uptown Charlotte; without traffic, a fifteen minute drive. It is also very close to the South Carolina line.

I enjoyed the sitting area in the room, as I'm not one for watching TV in bed. I didn't have a need for the desk/work station, but it would have been very convenient had I needed to set up my laptop to work. The refrigerator and microwave were convenient for me, as was the bar just off the lobby. The breakfast was okay; nothing to write home about though. One morning there were egg/cheese omlets with sausage patties and waffles. The next day, there were scrambled eggs, turkey sausage and waffles on the hot food line. You could get waffles everyday in addition to cereal, breads (bagels, muffins, etc.) and yogurt. It's a nice touch and worked out great for grabbing something on the go those mornings.

Everyone was pleasant and accommodating. If I have the need to stay in/around Charlotte again, I will look here first.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank W8N45
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This facility is great. We stayed here last summer and loved it, which is why we returned. Our room was very clean, Linens were clean and comfortable. I love the layouts of the suites and the separate toilet/shower. It really helps when you have a family of 5.

We came on an extremely busy weekend. There was a Lacrosse tournament in the area, so there was countless numbers of teenagers running and giggling in the hallways. It also made the pool extremely busy and the pool is pretty small.

When we booked our trip we were planning to only stay Saturday night. Later, we decided to stay Friday night as well and booked a separate reservation for Friday night. When we came back to the hotel Saturday night after 12 hours at Carowinds with 3 children under 10, we got up to our room to find that our keys didn't work. I went down to the desk and got it straightened out, but it was a pain to deal with at 11pm after a long day.

The breakfast was enjoyable. My kids always love the waffle maker. I will return because of the comfort of this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was located near the street and we heard a lot of street noise. We didn't have this problem last year. I would ask for an interior room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We have stayed at this location on 3 different visits to the Charlotte area. Wonderful experience! Rooms are very crisp and clean and very roomy with a separate sitting area and desk. An excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family