“finding a new home”

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Ranked #71 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My boyfriend and I went to Charlotte to see the city in hopes of moving there soon. We stayed in Ballantyne area at SpringHill Suites, it was FANTASTIC!! Hotel was clean, decorated beautifully, friendly service, great breakfast selection, and conveniently located. There is a separate sleeping area from the sitting area, but open to each other at the same time. The pictures from the hotel website are exactly what we had. It was a great stay!

Room Tip: there is a microwave, fridge and coffee maker in the room
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ownlee1

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We have stayed at this Springhill twice and it is relatively new so the rooms are immaculate. Love the modern decor and especially the bathroom design. The location was great for us and we couldn't have been more pleased.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Loved this place! Great hotel for families who need a little extra room.

My family came to Charlotte with my husband who had a business meeting. After staying at another hotel for 2 nights we decided to book an additional night at this SpringHill Suites after a full day at Carowinds. Great Choice! I loved the decor and the set up of this hotel. I love that the rooms are all suites, thus offering a little extra elbow room, especially for our family of 5.

I loved that the shower and toilet were separate. Also the sink in the toilet area was a little lower, which is great when you have a child who is potty training. It didn't feel too low for adults though.

The breakfast buffet was adequate, although extremely busy. I'm sure that was due to the fact that it was a Saturday night and that it was a peak time. That was my only complaint.

The room does not have a bathtub, which would have been nice to have as my 3 year old wanted a bath, but we made do. It was only for one night.

We didn't stay long enough to check out the fitness center or pool, but we would definitely come back to this place. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lilsprstr
Reviewed June 23, 2011

This was one of the best and cleanest hotels I have ever had a stay in. Book here!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank NCSpeech
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I was in the Ballentyne area of Charlotte for meetings and stayed at this property for three nights, including the weekend. Overall, I was extremely impressed.

PROS:
- Excellent, clean and modern rooms
- Free breakfast
- Free wifi
- Convenient location
- Free parking

CONS:
- No room service (but several local restaurants will deliver and/or within walking distance.

For someone looking for an economical and cost effective place to stay with good amenities, I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Matt_UKTX
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I just finished a great stay at this hotel yesterday. The rooms are very clean and the hotel overall is very new. I liked the additional seating area w/ a desk and free wifi. The bathroom layout was a little different (actually two separate rooms, one w/ a sink & shower and one with a toilet and sink) but I liked it(reminded me of the Disney cruise bathroom layouts) and if you are traveling with other people I think it would be an added benefit since there are two sinks, places to get ready.

The gym area was basic but clean. it had a few treadmills, stair steppers, and eliptical machines. In addition some free weights. I didn't use the pool so I can't review. Breakfast was decent. The food was good and had a decent variety.

There were just a few negatives...I had a room on the 2nd floor next to the main street and I could hear the car traffic, so I would recommend asking for a higher floor facing the parking lot to help decrease the noise. In addition, the air conditioner was really loud. I felt like the "fan" portion of the air con never went off all night unless i turned it off. In addition, there is no way to turn the fan(the loudest part) off while keeping the air conditioner on. Plus the thermostat seemed a little off. But at least it worked, so a small negative overall in my book, but I can fall asleep pretty easy.

The location is good and has a lot of food options closeby. There is also a good "natural" food market similiar to a Trader Joes / Whole Foods that had a good deli where you could grab something quick for lunch or dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, away from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Lizzy M
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Newish hotel. Nice SpringHill suites with new furniture. Good breakfast. Simple place and a great value.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business