“a very nice place for two”
Review of Cafe Monte

Cafe Monte
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Monte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 2,376 Restaurants in Charlotte
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Allen Tate Building at Phillips Place
Description: Cafe Monte is known for offering affordable, high quality French fare exquisitely prepared to order.Our classic French-country favorites, served all day, include fresh pastries, salads, sandwiches, quiches, and crepes. We also have a full breakfast menu.In addition, please enjoy our bistro service that features mussels, steak and pommes frites, rotisserie chicken, and other specialties served in a casual and comfortable European setting.Daily chef specials include fresh seafood and regional specialties from around the world. Cafe Monte is committed to using only the highest quality ingredients served fresh at an exceptional value for our customers. We make quality French food accessible to all. Bon Apetit!
Greenville, South Carolina
“a very nice place for two”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Excellent. I had never been to Charlotte NC before and my wife read several places to eat on the drive up as we were going to a conference. This restaurant was on my mind when she read about the trout almondine. I am not a picky eater, but love very nice food, and this was. I have had similar dishes before for twice the price. The wine was very nice as well and the selection was grand. The food was hot and correctly spiced and obviously this restaurant has very professional and service excels. Nice and even romantic since it was just the two of us enjoying the meal and each other. i will visit again. On leaving I noted a very nice surrounding and several very good hotel choices within a block.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Orlando, Florida
“Great Trout”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I travel to Charlotte often on business and love to eat here for the trout. I have had this meal at least 8 times maybe more. It is always great food and I look forward to going to the restaurant. The dessert are very good always a 5. I always like to eat a dessert with my meal. The one thing i have found is that the service is average. You may have a very good waiter one time and the next not so good. That is why only 4. The food is always 5. But service can be 3 half the time.

• Visited November 2012
Charlotte, NC
“Restaurant Week Excellence!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had been to Café Monte for lunch but this was my first dinner experience. We chose to go here during Charlotte's Queen's Feast Restaurant Week where we had an appetizer, salads, a main course, and dessert for $30 each. After seeing the regular menu prices I could see what a great deal this was! I had amazing scallops over risotto and my husband had the beef short ribs bourguignon. Both meals were delightful, but I appreciated the ambiance even more. The restaurant is definitely Paris bistro, with wrought iron, banquettes, and cafe tables. A live jazz duo played over in one corner. My lunch experiences have also been good - French Onion Soup, quiche, and croque monsieur are excellent and my friend always enjoys the crepes. If you are an out-of-towner staying in the SouthPark area (especially the excellent and beautiful Hampton Inn at Phillips Place) you will have a lot of dinner options, but Café Monte is unique and fabulous. Bon appetit! Use your Open Table app to reserve!

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Sunday brunch spot.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The atmosphere is Bistro'ish. All wood floors, small tables and chairs, quaint surroundings. Jazz music playing in the background on Sunday mid-day. Food was good, mine was a bit colder than I like, but te waiter was eager to correct the matter. Only drawback was the floor was a tad too dirty for me. Few spots where food had fallen on the floor and hadn't been cleared up. Price was fair and the food tasted freshly made. My husband had a seafood omlet and he loved it. I had the eggs benedict that had to be warmed up (for my taste), it was also very good.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent Bistro in Phillips Place”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Specializing in crepes, they also have good salads, burgers and steak frites. Nice atmosphere, too. Quiet, especially if you sit in the back.