Tripadvisor
Charlotte
All reviews rooftop bar house car wine hour ball field great view of the park front desk baseball stadium valet staff birthday weekend fantastic hotel beautiful lobby downtown charlotte valet parking hotel experience perfect stay the location is perfect bank of america stadium
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I had a very good experience with this hotel. Most important to me is that bringing my small dog was a seamless experience and Kimpton’s do not “fee” you for pets. The front desk staff and bell people were very cheery and accommodating. I had a nice room on a high floor and it was clean and met my my pet’s high standards. If you need to in the downtown area this hotel is very walkable. This was a hotel I would return to while visiting Charlotte

1  Thank JNYCwriter
GM_Tryon_Park, General Manager at Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you JNYCwriter, I'm very grateful to hear that you and your pet had a great stay with us. Pets are like family to us too; so we don't want to hassle you with extra fees just because they're a part of your life. Get back soon and bring the dog with high standards!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

This was a lovely stay until Saturday night and the ridiculously loud rooftop bar. Please if you want to get some rest before 2am, ask for a quiet room. I got this upgrade to the 15th floor corner king with my Platinum AMEX booking and it has ruined my stay. Yep, it’s that loud. Just horrible. I really need the rest, too.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank zumbarita

Hello zumbarita, I'm so sorry to hear that. Please reach out to me directly so we can make this right for you and get things back on track for the future. My direct contact information is robert.hannigan@kimptonhotels.com

Best,

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel with an amazing roof deck bar and fantastic restaurant. The rooms are lovely and they have a happy hour at 5 pm. Everyone at the hotel was fantastic but a special shout out to Tyler Pisani who told us everywhere to go. His recommendations were the best.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thanks Carrie022, very glad to hear that Tyler took such great care of you. Hope you can get back to see us soon; we'll have a glass of wine waiting for you!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

I have stayed in a few Kimptons and I rate this as being the best so far. It is very well designed and equipped. As with other Kimptons the reception staff and door staff are excellent. Helpful, professional but also friendly. The rooms are excellent, the roof bar was brilliant for the new year celebrations. The happy hour at Kimptons is always highly rated - this one had hot toddys for winter which were great. The breakfast I would rate as good.
The hotel is well placed for visits to the Mint Museum and the Bechtler Museum and a sports stadium. There is an excellent choice of bars and restaurants around the hotel. There is not much else in easy walking distance, no shops. The park opposite is ok, and was lit up nice at Christmas, and obviously vital if you have a dog. The area is surprisingly quiet however there is a garbage truck noise every morning from around 6 am.

Date of stay: January 2020

Hello SueKeo, what a wonderful review; I'm very grateful for the time you took to outline your experience with us. Looks like you had a nice time in the wonderful 3rd Ward neighborhood where we're located. It really is a gem! Hope you can make it back soon and apologies for that garbage truck, we'll see what we can do about that.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

First: Kimpton chooses pet friendly, so I choose Kimptons. I love them for that. This particular Kimpton, right away I was very impressed with the cleanliness and the spacious, modern room. They had new release movies to rent on the tv, comfortable bed and Everything was well appointed, friendly front staff, easy check-in and Angelines offered delicious room service. And of course, very accommodating for my little dog.

Although I was thoroughly happy with my stay I had to take one star off for the following reason: The woman at the front asked if I wanted a lower or higher floor, thinking higher would be quieter and since I was on a "thank-the-heavens-I-have-no-family-with-me, finally-some-peace-and-quiet, bed-to-myself-trip", that was what I chose. I later learned the higher floors can hear the bar on the roof quite clearly. So my peace and quiet comfy refuge came with a steady beat until the late hours.

Date of stay: January 2020

Thanks for staying with us Jess. While we hit the mark in most areas I do want to apologize for any noise issues you may have experienced. The next time you get a chance to enjoy a "thank-the-heavens-I-have-no-family-with-me, finally-some-peace-and-quiet, bed-to-myself-trip", please alert us directly and we'll make sure the vibrancy of the local neighborhood is taken into account when selecting your room. We want every stay to be wonderful, especially the restful ones.

Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel