All reviews rooftop bar baseball stadium wine hour luxurious hotel athletic shoes honor bar minor league baseball house car rooms are gorgeous floor to ceiling windows from arrival to departure front desk sports venues complimentary wine walked everywhere great hotel our entire stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great service and a nice wine reception in the lobby in the afternoon. The rooftop bar overlooks the stadium and across the street is a beautiful little park. The personnel could not have been nicer or more helpful. Definitely a place to return to!

Room Tip: higher room have a good view of the stadium and the park.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
AustinJ258, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nice modern hotel with good staff. Would stay there again.

Make sure you get a room near the top of the hotel though. The street noise is very irritating as the hotel failed to use sound proof glass for the windows. I had requested a room on a high floor however I do not believe my room was ready at my check in and the staff member convinced me I was getting an upgrade on my room on a lower level.

This was BS I now know.

Also the valet parking staff are mostly teenagers it seems and dont necessarily know what they are doing. Just some off behavior like driving past me and around the pillars when I am standing waiting for my vehicle.

Will stay there again as the location is excellent, but just make sure your room is on a top floor otherwise you may not sleep so well .

Room Tip: Make sure room is on a top floor
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo

We do apologize for any inconvenience in regards to the street noise level. Let us know for your next stay and we will be sure to honor your request for a higher floor. We are certainly delighted you enjoyed your visit overall and do welcome you back when your travels bring you to the Queen City!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel is lovely. The staff is AWESOME! They are so attentive and helpful! We were evacuated from the beach due to a hurricane and our experience at the hotel helped make a stressed and disappointed family much happier!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind words! We are sorry you were evacuated by the storm, but certainly glad you chose us. Let us know when you are in the Queen City again so we can welcome you back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great friendly Staff! The front desk staff were very attentive and knowledgeable.
Special shout out to Micheal (valet) for being helpful during our stay, and for a "special tour" of the top floor so we could look out at the Queen City.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family

Jean L, we are pleased you had a spectacular experience and that Michael was of great assistance. We agree, the views from Merchant & Trade are pretty amazing. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Only had about 12 hours in the hotel, but that time was well-spent.

Beautiful new hotel, slick and shiny, with comfortable, well-decorated rooms and the Kimpton attention-to-detail that keeps me coming back.

Angeline’s was wonderful for both dinner as well as an early breakfast the morning of my check out.

Fantastic view from the park-side rooms also—

Thank you!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business

KTMATL, We are glad you had a wonderful experience! We are also delighted to know you enjoyed our decor and that Angeline's was a joyous ending to your visit. Let us know when you're back so we can welcome you back!