“My stay at Hampton Inn”

Ranked #19 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Stone Mountain, United States
“My stay at Hampton Inn”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Quality hotel with friendly, courteous staff, including housekeeping. Very full breakfast entrees, with coffee and fruit available all the time. Quick in and out, excellent atmosphere, up to date decor. Would recommend location to others.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Oak Ridge
Reviewed April 23, 2014

First of all, do NOT stay at the very nearby Holiday Inn. Read my review of that. Yuck.

This hotel was MUCH better. The rooms were much cleaner and the lobby was 300x nicer. The breakfast started at 6 -- much earlier than Holiday Inn. The shuttle service was great and the staff was very nice and friendly.

Again, stay here instead of Holiday Inn. I think they might have remodeled it, but if they haven't yet and you stay there, you'll regret it.

1 Thank SumBug82
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear SumBug82;

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience.

We continually work on improving our service and product to meet with our guests expectation.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Ricardo
Burke, VA
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed at the hotel in April 2014. Had an overnight stop in Charlotte planned during a family trip. We arrived at the hotel about 8 pm and had an 8 am flight out the next morning. Staff was extremely nice, room was comfortable and up-to-date, and getting a breakfast to go on the way out the next morning was excellent. This hotel was exactly right for what we needed.

Expert tip: you might not believe me, but the Shell station next door has the best $5 pizza you could ever wish for. . . critical when your trying to get the kids fed and in to bed without having to trek to a restaurant (which isn't close, by the way). Perfect fast food.

1 Thank Jack L
Dear Jack L;

I am so pleased that we were able to please you during your stay with us.

As the area continues to develop, we are hoping that more options become available to cater to our guests for dining.

The team and I look forward to your future stays.

Ricardo
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The only thing I can say was it was all good. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The front desk guy was awesome all the way around not to mention Helen in the breakfast area was amazing, location couldn't been any better to the sites and tour's I had planned. Thanks Hampton Inn. I give them 100 for ratings.

• Stayed April 2014
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear youmousfamily,

I am so pleased that Helen was able to connect with you during your experience with us.

I have placed your comments on our newly redone BRAG board for the entire team to see that you spoke highly of our hotel and that Helen was able to connect with you.

Thank you for allowing us to earn your business; and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Arrived at airport around 5pm for our 7 30pm flight to JFK to find all New York flights cancelled owing to weather and hotel rooms filling up fast. Used courtesy phone from airport to check into hotel and despite getting on wrong shuttle (my fault) and arriving at wrong hotel shuttle took us on to correct hotel. Managed to check in early enough for the complementary buffet (hotel does not have restaurant, room service available by outside caterers). Then we went up to our clean spacious room and after a very stressful few hours caused by the flight cancellation found the shower and clean sheets the perfect antidote.
We needed to leave the hotel at 6am to catch our new flight to New York. The wake-up call was punctual. The hotel shuttle was waiting for us at the appointed time and because we were leaving before the complementary breakfast we were supplied with a "grab bag".
Only downsides were some aircraft and traffic noise, not intrusive but frustrating to hear jets taking off when your own flight had been cancelled.
Absolutely full marks to the hotel and its staff for turning a bad ending of the day into a good one.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul611;

Thank you for sharing your experience.

It gives you a reason to one day come to Charlotte and stay with us, so we can really deliver that Hamptonality.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Ricardo W
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I am VERY picky about hotels and we travel alot on business as well as pleasure. This was a stop over to fly out the next morning at the Charlotte airport. Mr. Williams the hotel Manager was extremely helpful when I asked for a very quiet room (3rd floor) --it was extremely clean, quiet, and the staff was friendly and professional and helpful. Fitness center and pool very clean and perfect. Breakfast was DELICIOUS. Best food I have ever had, period...hotel or not. We could tell that the room had been thoroughly cleaned and again, we are VERY picky about this, being Gold Hilton members. Sheets and covers were fresh and clean. Very family friendly and also very professional. I cannot say enough about this hotel. I would give it 10 stars if I could. You have to know that I DO not give high ratings to hotels...but this one knocked me over!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Cat191,

I am very humbled by your review.

It is easy for the team and I to promote that great service and product, since we really do enjoy what we do.

On behalf of the entire team, let me say thank you and I look forward to continually earning your business.

Ricardo W
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 18, 2014

After a very long day, I really appreciated the sincere hospitality from Anthony, Shawntay, and Audrea. These folks were so attentive that it made me feel like I was back at the Beverly Hilton, which is where I recently stayed for a family vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Carla M;

I always love when we are compared to the big box players in hospitality.

It shows that we are giving just as good of a service and product as they are.

So, from the team and I; I say thank you so much for your comments.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Your friends in Charlotte!