“If you like to share your room with a an Airbus, this is the place to be!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #19 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Brevard, North Carolina
“If you like to share your room with a an Airbus, this is the place to be!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I've stayed in many airport hotels and I'm a Hampton fan, but I'll not stay here again. The hotel is directly under the flight path and until 10 or 11 PM and starting again at 6 AM, the noise is frequent and deafening, The rooms are typical Hampton (which is to say: decent enough), but the windows of an airport hotel should be double-glazed to cut down on noise. The beds were below Hampton quality in both of the two rooms we tried. Ditto for the breakfast which was way below par. Even with their relatively pricey 1-week "park 'n stay" rates, they charge $30 bucks a week more if you need to park for even 8 days! For a 10-day trip, it was cheaper to park across the street in the Park-'N-Go lot and Park-'N-Go takes you to the airport IMMEDIATELY so there's no waiting for the hotel shuttle. And there's a Park-'N-Go van almost always waiting at the airport upon your return so there's no wait waiting for the hotel shuttle either!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeaLord-1
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. Again, I apologize for all of the issues and I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Recently spent a departure night and return night (7 days later) at the very well managed and staffed Hampton Inn Charlotte Airport, NC. Although they have a limited Park and Fly free service, they were completely booked for my dates. However, for $30.00 our vehicle was safely parked in their lot and shutlle service to and from the nearby airport was provided. A manager's meet and greet with beer/wine and snacks are held nightly and they offer a very complete assortment of breakfast items each morning. Twenty-four hr coffee service is also provided. Nearby restaurants are very limited but they do have a small canteen with microwave items, snacks and drinks.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 518 ( a suite) and 401 ( a standard) and both were very nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking a moment to sharing your experience with you.

I am pleased that the team was able to meet your expectations and we are so looking forward to having you back again.
Calhoun, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

the Hotel was very clean. The Guest rooms were clean and comfortable. The Staff members were very professional. The Complimentary breakfast was great as well. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Tiffany,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment on our hotel.

I am pleased that the team was able to meet with your expectations and we certainly cant wait to see you on your next trip to the Charlotte area.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had a brief stopover in Charlotte so I thought I'd book a hotel and try to get some sleep before flights. For my purposes, this hotel was more than adequate. It was clean, comfortable and had a gym.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have stayed here multiple times over the last few years when I have an early international flight at CLT. The front desk staff are helpful and courteous. Book the Park & Fly package and you take their shuttle to and from the airport and your car is safe in their parking lot. My only gripe (sorry) is that they don't have fresh coffee and pastries out for guests who have to leave at 5am. They did have a coffeemaker in the room though. Other amenities: indoor pool, gym, fridge in room. Booking today for a March trip. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LMSunFun
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your response and recommendation; we truly appreciate that.

Coffee is located in our lobby 24 hours a day; and I have taken into consideration your comment about the pastries. It is something that we can certainly look into possibly doing.

The team and I look forward to seeing you again in March.

Thank you for choosing our hotel.
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed January 12, 2014

A good hotel 5 minutes away from the Charlotte airport. Stayed for one night with my wife and two daughters (13 and 10) for a great price. The cost benefit was great and the service too. I really recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
My team and I are extremely pleased that we met your satisfaction.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Indianapolis
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Great location and shuttle service to the airport. Unfortunately the food service provider is uncaring and unreliable. On Saturday night after being stranded by USAirways I ordered a BLT sandwich at 9:30 pm and the delivery time passed 3 times. at 12:00 I cancelled the order.

Sorry Hampton but you need a more reliable and caring food partner.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
I would like to sincerely apology for our partners not providing the service that you expected.

If you could contact me at the hotel, so that I can gather some more information that would be great.

We work in tandem with our partners to ensure that they are delivering the service that we pride ourselves on providing here at the hotel.

The hotel phone number is 704-394-6455.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.