“Awesome Airport Hotel”

Ranked #19 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Nova Scotia
“Awesome Airport Hotel”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice in April while making connections in Charlotte and it felt like a home away from home. For those who are not familiar with Charlotte I will add some extra details. When you land there are telephones near baggage pick up to call for transportation to the hotel. You are supposed to call once you have your bags and not before. They will tell you to go outside and stand beside a specific section according to the labeled letters where busses and shuttles stop. The shuttle bus is a wonderful service and they have a great Mercedes shuttle bus which is more impressive than most shuttles! Our first driver was a young lady who was friendly and energetic and shared information about the area. On the second visit a gentleman drove the shuttle he was equally friendly and helpful. The hotel is maximum 5 minutes away. It is new, spic and span clean and the check-in is fast. The hotel employees are multi-taskers for sure! The shuttle bus driver proceeds to assist with check-in and we were in our room in a matter of a few minutes. The rooms are modern Hampton, impeccably clean, quiet with spacious bathrooms. The breakfast area is modern décor, nice flat screen TV and cozy at the same time. They also have bagged breakfast to go if you are in a rush in the a.m. Excellent service all the way around! This is a restful oasis when you are travelling.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank thesisgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Florida, United States
Reviewed May 19, 2013

If given the opportunity I always stay with Hampton Inn. I travel a lot being a field engineer and the last thing I want to deal with is with hotel arrangements and staff. I just want to be able to get off my flight and check in to my hotel with ease. Head up to my room and find it clean and comfortable and with up to date amenities such as the T.V. , wifi internet access and a refrigerator. These small little things are the difference between a good business trip or a bad one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hartsville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. It is great!!! I do mean great. The young lady at the front desk Nicole is awesome. They have park and ride available. So if you fly alot it is defiantley worth the stay. Nicole checked me in... asked if I was doing the park an stay i said yes please. She marked me down handed me the number to call when i arrived back. When I got back I called I got Nicole... lucky me... it was raining like crazy.. someone arrived to pick me up in what seemed like immediately. I am so pleased. I can not say enough good things about this hotel. Hats off for having such a great staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kim G
Louisburg, North Carolina
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went down to visit my daughter. Great price for a visit. Hotel staff was very polite and professional. Made us feel right at home. LOL Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. And sound proof. Clean, Neat, and Smell good. I know some hotels may look good on the outside until you get in... but this one looks good out and in. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MizzDeelicious
Buckley, Washington
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I know that the fact that I was stuck at the O'Hare airport for six hours, and didn't arrive in Charlotte until almost 5 am played a part, but when I lay down on that bed it was like falling asleep on a feather cloud!
Besides the bed, the breakfast was great - loved the public seating area. In addition the staff were welcoming and friendly. Everything was spotlessly clean, the wi-fi was easy to connect to and worked really well, and the shower was great (being tall, sometimes the shower heads are so low that I can hardly wash my hair - this was great)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel Sun-Thurs night. I was very nice. I was given a suite, and I think it was the biggest hotel room I have ever occupied. It was clean and the staff was friendly. I was with a group of associates and had to have the shuttle service take us to and from dinner each night. The drivers were very courteous (especially Isaac) and friendly and we didn't have to wait long. I read in other reviews that the noise from the airport was distracting, especially at night when trying to sleep. I didn't hear any planes at all. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Corona, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel was very convenient to the airport and provided a free shuttle service and sack breakfast for an early flight. The room was comfortable and clean and the staff was very helpful. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple