“Great Airport Hotel”

Ranked #19 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Beckley, West Virginia
“Great Airport Hotel”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you're traveling out of Charlotte-Douglas Airport, stay at this Hampton. I'm a frequent traveler and am very picky about my accomodations and this Hampton has not let me down (four visits so far) - clean rooms, excellent service, free airport shuttle that is always on time and free parking while you're out of town. Can't go wrong.

Room Tip: The suites are great - more room to move around and only $20 more a night
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
My team and I can not thank you enough for sharing your experience here at our hotel.

We strive to be sure that our guests are happy when they come into our home.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Ricardo Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was our second time using the stay and park program and we were not disappointed. The staff at the front desk were friendly and efficient, especially in light of the fact that the hotel was fully booked the night we stayed. The room was clean and comfortable. We haven't experienced problems sleeping due to jet noise or the ac/heating unit. We always choose a first floor room (requested when we book ahead) which may help with this. The shuttle ride to the airport the next morning was quick and makes getting to the airport so easy... dropped off right at your airline's departure area. They are efficient to pick us up when we call upon arrival back at the airport. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of our entire team, I say THANK YOU.

I am pleased that you were satisfied with the product and service that we have provided.

I look forward to again earning your business in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here last night and was disapointed. First the good: I was recognized as a Hilton Diamond member when I checked in and this is close to the airport. Now the bad - this hotel is in the jet path so do not count on getting much sleep. Additionally the heating/cooling system is loud enough to drown out the jets so again do not count on getting much sleep. the property is pretty standard but litttle things erk me like going in to my room and finding someone else's rash in the bucket or the seat up on the lav. Over all not what I expecte from a Hampton especially for over $200/night after tax!!!!

Room Tip: chose another hotel out of the pathway of the jets
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
While staying with us, we want you to feel welcome and comfortable from the moment you walk in. I'm terribly sorry to hear that the neighboring noise and mechanical issues disrupted your stay and we're reviewing all of your comments with our team to minimize these concerns. We hope we'll have another chance to show you our true Hamptonality.

Kind regards

Avon, CT
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We called on arrival and were picked up promptly for our one-night stay. Check in was quick and when we got to our room, we called a local Italian restaurant that brought us an excellent lasagna in 25 minutes. Breakfast was the usual Hampton fare - very good and filling. The return shuttle left for the airport on time - it helps to make a reservation when you arrive. We had no issues with airport noise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am extremely pleased that we were able to exceed your expecations.

I look forward to again earning your business in the future.
Dracut, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is not a five star property, but for the money it was great. Plusses are the free breakfast, decent hotel gym (two TVs on opposite walls), nice pool and spa, good WiFi.
It is really convenient to the airport, but you need to make a reservation the day before to get the shuttle back to the airport if you have to stay overnight between flights. To get to the hotel from the airport you call from baggage claim and they come straight away (10 minutes).
Negatives are no on site bar/restaurant, but the hotel across the parking lot has an OK pub. If you want to hang in your room, a 7-11 next door has food/drinks.
The TV is also pretty far from the bed, so its a challenge to see/hear it.
Its a $20 cab ride to downtown, a little pricey if you want to go to a nice restaurant you need to factor in about $50 for transportation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Charlotte Airport, I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am pleased to see that we met your expectations with the product and service that we provide.

I am looking forward to showing you again what staying at a Hampton is all about.

Yours truly,

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My manager chose this hotel for our accommodations for a group meeting. I found it to be very comfortable and quiet, even though it was so close to the airport. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the staff was very attentive. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and on the Reception/Gathering room side of the hotel. It was very q...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

columbia, sc usa
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had an early flight out of CLT and this hotel is really close to the long term parking. The staff was great and check in/out was easy. The lobby was really nice with several tv's to watch the games. We'll be back, if/when we have early flights. Another quality Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I am grateful that your experience with us met your expectations.

I would also like to thank you for sharing your experience via this forum.

Team Hampton Inn & Suites, Charlotte Airport, looks forward to your next stay in our home.