“excellent service”

Ranked #19 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“excellent service”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

we had to stay here due to a cancelled flight. our van driver took us to a restaurant because it was late at night. rooms are standard but very clean. friendly staff. convenient to airport. would recommend to stay here

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am extremely pleased that my team was able to connect with you and show you that we truly do enjoy our guests and work hard to ensure that their experience with us is great.

I look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Charlotte Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed November 12, 2012

While this is another good branch of the Hampton Inn chain, it stands above the rest for the quality of service. I'm reporting on behalf of my 18-year-old daughter, who was travelling alone for the first time and had a very harrowing evening on a certain "Charlotte hub" airline. Due to a plane whose hydraulics failed in flight, she was stranded in Charlotte for the night.

I called the hotel immediately to explain the situation. I needed to make sure that they would accommodate an under-age traveller, but I also wanted to clue them in that she needed some TLC. The original person who answered the phone put me on with a more experienced staff member who was incredibly kind. She said that they don't normally allow underage guests, but that she could make an exception with proper ID authorizations, etc. She told me exactly what to tell my (very distraught) daughter so that she could get to the hotel.

My daughter, as directed, called the hotel shuttle from the airport and was met by the driver, Darlene. Darlene made her feel very comfortable and welcome, and told her that if there was anything she could do, she would be happy to help. She walked my daughter in, and the manager, Mr. Jeffrey, was equally sweet and supportive. They knew she was hungry and gave her lists of local restaurants; they offered to take her for food if no one would deliver. They told her to call from her room to let them know she was ok. In the morning, the staff made sure she made it back to the airport to get onto her next flight.

This child has stayed at many hotels, from motels to five-stars like the Halekulani, the Four Seasons and the Dorchester. She's sailed on Crystal Cruises. She said she has never been treated with such kindness. I have to say that, when she called me that night to tell me she was okay, I cried. It made such a difference to know that people were looking out for her--after what was truly a frightening flight experience, she was able to sleep well that night, and so was I.

The hotel is, as she reported, clean, comfortable, a good airport hotel--but the service was above and beyond.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Seneca, South Carolina
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Booked this in lieu of leaving very early and using airport parking. Nice clean hotel with nice staff and great shuttle service. On our return the nice shuttle lady came promptly and the ride back to the hotel and our car was nice and short :)

Not in the best of neighborhoods tho and not a lot of dining options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank feddegurl
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Was here for several days for meetings. Their meeting space was nicely set up. They allowed us to lunch as a large group in the social spaces. Great continental breakfast in the morning. Nice workout facility. The staff was great about helping us to get where we needed to go, and provide us with the things we need to make our meeting successful. Would definitely recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank shawnbt
savannah
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Booked this after a bad experience checking in at a local competitor. Staff was AMAZING. CLean hotel, pool was great. Shuttle driver was friendly and helpful both days. early flight and they gave ip sack breakfasts. Will stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sarcasdic
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Very nice, breakfast more than continental with buffet-style choices. My main goal with hotels is cleanliness, then price, then location. All three are top here. Can hear jets during fly over hours but not annoying. Original NASCAR history immediately across the street for fans to see.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank reignunder1king
SW Virginia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a friendly oasis! The staff was wonderfully helpful and they are certainly "worth their salt." (ask them about the salt shaker on the reception desk). I think most of us want a place that is clean and comfortable. This hotel is both and, as most of the reviews say, the staff is outstanding.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo